4

Mira's eyes were glassy a lake of tears collected at the bottom of her eyes. He reached out a hand to her shoulder but she pulled away instantly. Cowering further into the corner and making herself small. She was trembling like a leaf. A leaf being blown around in a hurricane of fear, sadness and anxiety. He felt horrible. Knowing he was the cause of the disastrous storm that blew harshly inside her. He was the one who started it. And – he realised – he was the only one who could end it.

"I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to scare you Mira, I was worried... oh damn, I'm being horrible." He lightly hit the palm of his hand repeatedly on his forehead, racing his brain for ideas. When suddenly, he realised exactly what to do.

"I like you Mira... like, a lot." He said clearly.

Her head jolted up, her tears stopped.

"W-what?" she asked.

"You mean so much to me. I want to be able to hold your hand and not make it awkward, to hold you in my arms whenever I want, to leave my parents, leave their war, be happy, with you." He said, reiterating what he was thinking only minutes ago.

She listened to what he had to say and replayed the moment in her mind. She imagined herself holding him, being held, cuddling. And her heart fluttered. That was when she realised. She loved him.

"I-I like you too..." she managed to stutter.

The night sky filled with stars, the moon back, and the twinkle back. Like little diamonds in the sky, they glowed, radiated happiness, she couldn't help but smile. No one could.

Then that heart-warming smile was erased and replaced with a grin, the mischievous grin that defined Lee Minho.

"So are we actually a thing now?" he asked, arching an eyebrow.

She laughed, all signs of sadness gone, "You tell me." she eyed him challengingly.

"Hmm, I don't know... maybe I should check?"

Then he leaned forwards towards her. And then their lips met. His lips were soft as were hers. They danced together for a while before he pulled away. It was short, sure, but it meant everything. Her heart was beating a mile a second and his was pounding loudly. She couldn't believe that happened, he couldn't believe he'd finally had the guts to do it. They both wanted more. It was like a drug. Once they'd started, they couldn't stop. They looked at each other, sending silent messages to each other before they met again for a few seconds, claiming the dance as their own. They pulled away for the final time and she leant into him, resting her head on his chest, hearing his heart like a drum. The music she heard slowed down from a chaotic mess to a calm order. Then school ended, just like that. They knew the teacher didn't care that they'd been gone for so long. She was probably relieved.

They got up and walked together, holding hands firmly and walking through the crowd. When they got to her house, she walked upstairs and sat on her sofa-bed. She lay down and sighed.

"Something wrong?" Minho asked as he slipped in beside her.

She just curled up into him, and she felt like she belonged there. Like the space was made especially for her. It was perfect.

"No." she breathed, "It was perfect."

He smiled and they stayed like that for a while. Until Minho's phone rang loud and clear over the silence.

He reached to pick it up from the desk when he noticed you were asleep. He smiled and answered the phone, forgetting to check the caller ID.

"Hello?" he asked politely into the phone.

The voice over the phone was his mother's, "Where the hell are you young man?! Comeback here right now and make your decision, mum or dad?"

Poor Minho. 

Here's today's update :]

-Aurora