Part 7

~Chanel~

*1 month later*

It has been over a month since me and Nic have been split up. Today I'm going down to the courthouse to file for divorce. Cheating is one thing, but getting her pregnant now that's something I will never forgive him for. I haven't seen Tiara since that night I had a couples night, but when I see her I'll have a mouth full of words for her.

"How are you holding up?" Brooke asked...

"I'm just ready for this to be over with so I can move on with the rest of my life" I said as I felt a tear fall down my cheek...

"I promise it'll get better Chanel this is only the beginning" she said hugging...

"I got approved for the house" I said changing the subject to something more exciting...

Aww you did? I'm so happy for you.

Yes, the house is stunning you have to come with me after I file these papers I go pick up the keys today.

"I'm kind of sad you and Noah are leaving me" she said...

You know I'll come visit Brooke.

*20 minutes later*

I pulled up to the courthouse, I turned off the car and took the key out of the ignition. I was a little hesitant to go in at first, but I know this needed to be done.

"You got this" I heard Brooke say...

"Ladies let me get that for you" a fine tall man said as he held the door for us...

"Thank you! You're such a gentleman." I said pulling my hair behind my ear...

"I'm Omari by the way. You are?" He asked the only thing that was running through my head was how fine he was and lord did he smell good...

 You are?" He asked the only thing that was running through my head was how fine he was and lord did he smell good

"Chanel and this is my best friend Brooke" I said...

"You ladies are very beautiful and you have beautiful names" he said causing me to blush a little...

Thank you!

"Well I don't want to hold you ladies up here's my card give me a call sometimes maybe we can go out for lunch or something" he said not noticing that I was pregnant...

"Most definitely would love to take that offer" I replied back...

A lot of people never notice that I'm pregnant I guess because I wear a lot of sweatsuits and my tummy isn't as big. I don't see anything wrong with attending lunch with another guy while I'm pregnant it's just a friendly outing.

"He was a fine brother" Brooke said causing me to laugh...

"Yeah, he was" I said...

"He could be the one god sent to heal you" she said causing me to scrunch my eyebrow...

*2 hours later*

Noah? I called out to him...

Yes, mommy?

Your dad will be here in a few to pick you up. Are all your things packed?

"But mommy I don't want to go" he said winning...

"Noah you have to it's his week with you" I said...

Even though the divorce isn't finalized we agreed on every other week he gets Noah.

*knock on door*

"Hey" Nic said...

"He's coming he's just putting on his shoes" I said...

How have you been?

Don't Nic.

"I'm sorry" he said sounding sincere...

He has a field trip coming up soon if you'd like to go let me know.

Okay I will. How's the baby doing?

I haven't been inviting Nic to any of my appointments I know it's wrong, but I'm just not ready to be in his presents. Sometimes him asking me about the baby makes me uncomfortable even though it's his child too.

"Good" I replied back...

I'm glad the baby is healthy.

"Oh and one more thing he has a parent teacher conference tomorrow at 5" I said as Noah came walking over dragging his book bag...

"Hey Noah" Nic said before cutting his eyes back over at me...

"Hi" he replied with a attitude...

NOAH! I said giving him that "you better fix your attitude look..."

"I don't want to go" he said making a face as if he wanted to cry...

"Tie your shoes and stop dragging your book bag" I said...

Nicholas doesn't realize what he did has affected our son. Noah grades are starting to drop which means he can't play football until he gets them back up. So, the teacher wants to have a parent teacher conference which I really don't want him attending with me at all.

"I love you Noah" I said hugging and kissing his forehead...

"I love you too" he said rolling his eyes...

"Noah if you keep it up that phone and game will be mines all week" Nic said...

"I don't care" he said before walking out of the front door...

"Nic be easy on him okay" I said...

See you're always babying him that's why he acts the way he does.

"Maybe if you kept your....." I started to say something smart out of my mouth, but I stopped myself...

This co parenting shit ain't easy especially when you and the other person aren't seeing eye to eye.

So, when's your court date? Brooke asked...

"Next month it can't come fast enough" I said...

Do you think you and Nic would ever be able to co parent without it being so much tense?

Maybe one day, but right now no because just looking at him disgusts me.

"Wait until Tiara ass come out of hiding I'm going to punch that bitch in her mouth" Brooke said making me give her that "bitch you're crazy look..."

"Look that bitch may be pregnant so I can't beat her ass like I want, but when she do drop I'm beating her ass and that's on my momma" she said with a serious look on her face...