Costume Play

Toshiro and Ichigo arrived in one of the men's restrooms to find the fukutaicho of the seventh division scrubbing away at a giant pumpkin. Ichigo blinked a couple of times. "What happened in here Iba-san?"

"One of the young Quincy went..." The fukutaicho looked up, only to flinch upon seeing Ichigo. "Shiba Taicho!"

"Great..." Ichigo folded his arms and took a deep breath.

Toshiro looked at the man while he held onto his costume. "What did the young Quincy do Tetsuzaemon?"

"She created a bunch of murals with jack-o-lanturns on them around Soul Society. I know it is her, but the taicho have no actual proof. That little brat." The man stopped for a few minutes. "Speaking of which... you aren't going to participate in the party Ukitake and Kyoraku taicho planned for the younger ones?"

Toshiro held up the bag by the handles grimacing. "Matsumoto prepared a costume for me."

"Oh..." The man paused what he was doing.

"It's a werewolf costume." Ichigo piped up.

"Yes... and it's also prepared by Matsumoto Fukutaicho whose able to make anything cute." The man looked at Ichigo. "Why the hell are you dressed like a dead taicho?"

"My dad actually isn't dead."

"Of course... wait. You're saying you're Shiba Isshin's kid?" Iba whistled.

Toshiro glared at Ichigo. "Do I really have to dress up in this costume?"

Ichigo let out a deep sigh. "Yeah. You do. Come on. It will be fun. It can't be as bad as Rukia dressing me as my dead uncle as I've already said."

Toshiro sighed and slipped into one of the bathroom stalls. Ichigo went to work trying to wash the dye out of his hair, only to stand up with a soaking wet head of black hair. He frowned at the mirror when Toshiro came out. "Something that matter Kurosaki?"

"Yeah... Rukia told me the dye will wash out." Ichigo turned his head to look at Toshiro. "Hey... that werewolf costume is actually pretty cool."

"You're just saying that to make me feel better." The boy's bright teal eyes narrowed from annoyance.

"No... that is a pretty cool costume young Hitsugaya." Iba gave a thumbs up to the young taicho who simply scowled as he clipped the ears into his hair before brushing some of his hair over his ears.

"I look ridiculous." Toshiro turned to look at Ichigo. "Do you still have the contacts since you can't get rid of the dye job any time soon?"

"Yeah... why?"

"I prefer seeing Kaien-dono to taicho. You're more like him anyways."