-Cigarettes and Silhouettes ✨

"I hate you!" you screamed your lungs out to your parents before you raced up the stairs and locked yourself in your room. You heard your dads heavy footsteps behind you realizing he was chasing behind you.

You backed away from the door slowly as your dad banged loudly. You knew he would give up son but this was the last straw for you. You grabbed your book bag and emptied the contents if type bag out onto your bed. You put your phone in your pocket and went to your drawers and pulled out some clothes. You stuffed them in your bag, making sure you have enough for at least a week. You didnt want to run away forever, just scare your parents for a while. Your mom and dad finally gave up and took a but to get to bed.

As soon as they were asleep, you went to the kitchen, grabbing enough food for a few days before you sneaked out the front door. As soon as you were all packed up, you threw the bag over your shoulder and went to the front door, walking out slowly.

It was around midnight, making it very dark. Luckily, there were street lights near and the lit up to the place where you would stay. No one knew you would be there, making it the perfect spot.

You started walking slowly to your destination. It was an abandoned well house. People say its haunted but you never really believed it. You thought it was a random folk tale used by parents to freak out their kids so they wont go into the house.

You look up to the sign and smile knowing this road would be your home for a while. You kept walking down the street, eventually getting to the well house. You walked up the steps and into the house. You looked around and found an old piano. You smiled and sat at the bench. You heard a squeak and you flinched as a mouse ran across the floor. You took a deep breath knowing you were a bit freaked out to be in this house.

You sighed and took your cigarettes out of your pocket, grabbing your lighter as well. You put the cigarette between your lips and lit your cigarette. You take a long drag, exhaling as you look around. Your heart skipped a beat slightly as you saw a silhouette in a nearby window. It was dark, but it seemed boyish from what you could tell.

"H-hello?" you squeaked out slightly. You sounded like a scared little girl.

"Oh- shit dont be scared." he said coming into visibility. The moonlight making his cheekbones defined, the freckles on his cheeks glowing softly. You vaguely recognize him and his mop of hair but are unaware of from where.

"Oh.. Fuck you scared me.." you said, exhaling a calming breath.

"Im Richie."he said, pulling a cigarette out from behind his ear, sitting next to you.

"Y/n" you said.

"Can I borrow the light?" he asked. I nodded and handed over my silver and black lighter. He lit it and took a long drag. The way his face looks in the dark is something you would never be tired of looking at.

"Can I ask why youre here?" you said softly.

"I could ask you the same thing." he said, his eyebrow quirking up. A smirk rose to his lips.

You sighed slightly. "Ill tell you if you tell me." he nodded in agreement.

"You first." he said, grinning foolishly. You looked down to your hands, knowing its hard for you to open up. You took a deep breath and swallowed the lump in your throat.

"I get abused in my own home. . ." you say, looking up to him. His features harden, eyes becoming sharp and angry, with tears forming slightly. Nostrils flaring and his lips pressed into a thin line. You didnt say anything about what his reaction was, instead just kept talking.

"I. . . I ran away from home.. Because my dad almost threw me down the stairs. . ." you said, tears threatening to escape your eyes and your voice became thick.

He looked at you and his gaze softened. When he realized you were finished he sighed.

"Well. Im here for basically the same reason." he shrugged. "My dad is an asshole that punched me in the back of the head. He was always good at making sure he never made a mark that was visible to anyone else.." he said, tears also threatening to spill from his eyes.

"Im so sorry." you said, causing the tears to pour down your face.

He looked at you. "Hey, hey, hey. . . Dont be sorry." he said, wrapping an arm around you and wiping your tears with the pad of his thumb.

"Everything is going to be okay." he said softly. You put your head into his chest, sobbing slightly.

"I dont understand why they hate me so much. . ." you said, looking back up to him. You finally realized who was with you. It was the infamous Richie Tozier.

You never knew much about him besides that everyone thought he fucked every girl in school. He looked down at you, his soft curls falling down into his eyes.

"Do you know me?" he asked. You nodded your head yes.

"Richie. . . Richie Tozier." you giggled softly. "I know who you are." you smiled.

"Oh god, sounds like you heard all the rumors." he chuckled.

"Who hasnt?" you joked, making you laughs bit harder.

He sighed. "I know you too actually. . . Youre y/n,
y/l/n." he said. You nodded softly telling him he was correct.

"Im assuming you've heard things about me as well . . ." you said softly.

"I have. . . and honestly I dont believe a damn thing all the people say. Ill only believe what you tell me is true." he said. The sweetness of his words made you smile softly.

"Can I be honest with you y/n?" he asked. You nodded slightly in response.

"Ive always had a crush on you." he said looking down. It was dark so you couldn't tell, but you thought you saw a soft blush tinting his cheeks. He adjusted his glasses, trying to avoid your gaze.

"I . . . Can we get to know each other more?" you asked

He nodded slightly, smiling at you. "I'd love that."