insecurities

Insecurity:/ˌinsiˈkyo͝oriti/

Insecurity:
/ˌinsiˈkyo͝oriti/

Insecurity is a feeling of uncertainty, a lack of confidence or anxiety about yourself.

How did it began? Why do I hate myself so much? Why do I look like a fucking potato? Why do people say I'm pretty but I dont see it? Why I don't look like those pretty girls? Why do I hate my body, the features I was born with, my character...

Insecurities, we all humans have them. Even the people we follow on our social media are insecure too, the Kardashian's, Beyonce.... They have also gone through similar situations, don't think that you are the only one struggling. Some people are more insecure than others, we are humans!

Your insecurity may be the cause of a stupid classmate telling you that you are ugly or because your own parents constantly critize you for being skinny, being fat or having a toxic boyfriend telling you that you are unworthy, comparing you to your friends. Which many of all this insecurity has become a part of us and we try to block out many of the negativity, self hate, the "imperfections" we have in us but it seems imposible, is like we let them have the control to define us. We feel like we are forever going to be what those people told us.

Also, many of this insecurity appears in our adolescence, which starts the hate in our skin, bodies, being "different", being slim, being curvy, having a different type of hair, having a different skin tone, being taller, being smaller, having hair in your body, the appearance of stretch marks, having bigger or smaller boobs, not being like the girl next to your seat... This is because you are a bit more aware of your body than you were when you were a little child. You know, when you hit puberty. Being a teenager and having insecurities is normal, that is the period where it mostly appears.

For example, my insecurities mostly appeared in highschool, I was always the different girl, I didn't fit into this eurocentric beauty standard, being taller than the girls, since then I started to think low about myself, having self hatred, compa...

For example, my insecurities mostly appeared in highschool, I was always the different girl, I didn't fit into this eurocentric beauty standard, being taller than the girls, since then I started to think low about myself, having self hatred, comparing myself to Instagram celebrities, having big lips (which is NOW a trend) and let the words of a classmate define who how I had to be: ugly, my brown skin was not beautiful, "whY aRe hER liPs sO bIG?" "why Do yoU wear BrAids?"