"Instagram Models vs you"

10pizzasgrazie thank you so much for supporting me. I love you❤

Living in a modern world can be really hard not to compare yourself to others, we are bombarded constantly with images and videos of how we all should achieve perfection. That's why I recommend you guys to watch the video above before you scroll down💞
If you want to search it on YouTube is called: "Dear Girls, You're Ugly" by Prince Ea.

 That's why I recommend you guys to watch the video above before you scroll down💞If you want to search it on YouTube is called: "Dear Girls, You're Ugly" by Prince Ea

We've all been there. You're having a good hair day, are rocking your favourite dress or have just smashed a tough workout - and you're feeling pretty damn bomb.

 You're having a good hair day, are rocking your favourite dress or have just smashed a tough workout - and you're feeling pretty damn bomb

Then, you scroll through your Instagram feed. You come across an image (or 12) of a perfectly tanned, toned Instagram model or celebrity on a tropical island; baring her pearly white in a 'candid' laugh, with her long blonde or curly afro 'effortlessly' cascading down her back. All of a sudden, your hair seems messy, your dress looks stupid and your gym gains feel minuscule. You find yourself in a shame spiral, scrolling and scrolling and wondering why you can't just look 'those' girls.

 You find yourself in a shame spiral, scrolling and scrolling and wondering why you can't just look 'those' girls

Those strangers on Instagram are just that - strangers. They may project a perfect life filled with shredded abs, island holidays and #couplegoals. But at the end of the day, we don't know them so we don't know what's going on behind the scenes. That influencer may dealing with the loss of a loved one, a relationship breakdown or even an eating disorder. For example: Belle Lucia (who is so stunning she doesn't even look real) recently opened up about her struggles with severe acne (this was in 2018). Just remember, you never know what's going on behind the scenes and that these influencers may desperately wish they had something you have.

Most of the things we see on social media is not reality and I'm not lying to you, the girls you see on media don't even look like that, they use lot of editing tools, cosmetic enhancement and posing to look like that. And I'm not blaming them for doing that, at the end of the day is not their job for them to post their insecurities, unfiltered photos or "imperfections" for you to feel good about yourself. I'm just telling you this to be aware that not everything you see on social media is real.

You should know that flowers are pretty, but so are fairy lights - and they look nothing alike

You should know that flowers are pretty, but so are fairy lights - and they look nothing alike." This is one of my favourite quotes and is very relevant here. Just because you think someone who is "slim-thick", has the perfect type 3 hair or straight hair and is gorgeous and you're maybe curvy or not, with black 4c hair or any type of hair, doesn't mean you're any less gorgeous. To use yet another quote, "You can be the juiciest peach in the world, but you'll still find people who don't like peaches." In other words, beauty really is in the eye of the beholder and different people find different looks appealing. So, learn to accept the things you can't change, work on changing the things you can if it'll make you happier and find someone who loves you for all of the above - and more.

At the end beauty fades, yes, this is something you've probably heard your mum/grandma/other relatives with life experience say a billion times. But it's SO true! When you're 95 years old and reflecting back on your life, do you want you biggest achievement to be 'lots of people liked photos of my butt on Instagram'? Of course not! You want to have lived a life of substance, joy and fulfilling relationships. That's not to say there's anything wrong with being an Instagram model - it's great work if you can make money from it. But it's definitely fleeting - there's always a new crop of 18-year-old influencers ready to take your place. So, instead of wondering why you can't look like those girls, think about how you're going to use your unique skills to make your own mark on the world.

However, something that worked for me was unfollowing accounts that made me feel less than what I really am.

But I truly understand why we girls mostly compare ourselves with other girls, it can be in beauty, money, social status, this creates an endless competition, the fact that we still live in a society that make us to feel that way and keeps bombard...

But I truly understand why we girls mostly compare ourselves with other girls, it can be in beauty, money, social status, this creates an endless competition, the fact that we still live in a society that make us to feel that way and keeps bombarding us with the new "standards of beauty" that we need to meet up pisses me off. This things are not recent problems, it also happened with females living in Marylin Monroe's era trying to compete to achieve in being the most beautiful women in the world. This is sad, but true.

Quote💞
Compiting with the next woman that is not CONFIDENCE, it is pointless and it doesn't benefit you. Confidence is about self, is not about what everyone thinks - by Real Talk With Yanie

References
Emma Norris (2018) 5 Reasons you should Stop Comparing yourself to Strangers on Instagram. Available at:
https://agirlinprogress.com/2018/03/17/5-reasons-you-should-stop-comparing-yourself-to-strangers-on-instagram/