Chapter 34

Lily had stayed the night at Penny and Sam's house. She didn't want Mason to know that she was no longer staying at Finn's because he might try to play matchmaker or do something else that was just as ridiculous. Penny and Sam had welcomed her without asking any questions, and Penny was glad for her help with the kids.

She hadn't slept the night before and had sat up all night looking out her window at the quiet street below. She knew she wasn't the only one in the world suffering from a broken heart, but looking at the empty street below while sitting in an empty and dark room made it feel as if she was.

When the sun rose the next morning she forced herself to get dressed and go to the studio, it was the last day of shooting, and she would get through it if it killed her. The good thing was that no one knew about her and Finn and what had happened between them. Some might think that she had a little crush on him, but he had played his cards close. All of which meant that there would be no uncomfortable questions asked at the end of the day when they all broke for the show's hiatus.

Lily had her plans made; she was going to go and stay with Elias and his wife Sunny and make a record. He couldn't promise that it would come to anything, but he would like to try to see what they could do. She was on board if for no other reason then it got her away from Savannah for the next few months. The cast would eventually have to do publicity for the show, but she would cross that bridge when the time came.

Lily sat in the makeup chair, listening to the women chatter around her. Joe and Tom had made up, and there was the possibility of a baby on the way because June had seen Jo getting sick the day before. Personally, Lily didn't think they should have a baby until they figured themselves out, but maybe it was only the stomach flu or something.

She had arrived early because she wanted to watch Finn shoot his scene. Even though he had pushed her away the night before she couldn't suddenly stop caring, so she wanted to make sure he was alright while revealing his leg to the world. Not that he would admit if he weren't.

June put on the final touches, and Lily thanked her, she took the time to thank all three of them and handed them little gifts, they were nothing fancy, but it had felt like the right thing to do since they had taken such good care of her.

They all hugged and cried, as if it was goodbye forever, which, depending on ratings, it could be. Then Lily made her way to the set where they were filming.

It was a sketchy room with an iron bed, a busted chair and table, trash everywhere, and a sink with a mirror. Finn was already there sitting on the side of the bed with his back to Lily, talking to Mason. They looked serious, and Lily hoped Mason was telling him that he didn't have to do it if he didn't want to.

"Hey Lily, where have you been?" Petra said, sliding up next to her.

"I could ask the same of you," Lily said, giving her a quick hug. "Why are you here?" Lily focused all of her attention back on Mason and Finn.

"I wanted to check out the last day of shooting. I've been scouting in Atlanta for Mason, and not just for this show!" she said in a soft but excited voice.

Her career was taking off, and Lily turned to her with a smile. "Congrats,"

"How has your first season been, have you learned a lot?" Her attention was also focused on the men across the room.

"I did," Lily said with a sad smile. "Once I stopped tripping on everything."

Petra gave a soft laugh, causing Finn and Mason to look over at them. Finn's face was devoid of emotion, and Mason's looked serious for a change as both looked back at each other and away from Petra who had covered he mouth in an apology.