Epilogue

The season had been a hit. It was a new year, and she was a newlywed.

After the news had broken about Finn's leg, his popularity went through the roof, and they had to move from the beach. 

Lily's singing career had taken off, but she had signed on for another season of Hallowed Ground.

Christmas had been spent with Lee and Kate in California, and Finn had been able to spend time with some of his SEAL buddies.

His movie had taken off, and he was in the middle of a press tour for it, but Lily was at home in Savannah setting up their new house while he was in New York doing a round of interviews.

"Come on, Mike! It's about to start!" Lily called.

Mike came in carrying a bag of popcorn, and he sat on the couch next to Lily.

"Can I have some?" she asked, and he held the bag towards her.

"I'm so nervous!" Lily said as she reached for the remote and turned up the volume.

"And now help me welcome to the stage, Finn Baxter, here to promote his new movie Lost Love."

There was a round of applause as Finn walked out on stage smiling. He still had a reserved air about him, but he was much more approachable then he had been.

There was a little bit of back and forth about the city before the host started the real question and answer session.

"You also star in the television show, Hallowed Ground," there was a round of applause, "and it was revealed that you were missing your leg. Is this true? There are those that say the entire thing was faked." The man looked expectantly at Finn.

"It's true, I lost it in active service," Finn held up his pant leg and revealed his prosthetic.

"That's a huge admission to make. What made you decide to make that leap?" the host asked.

"My wife, Lily."

Lily's heart soared at the words.

"She was this little klutz of a girl, who told me that I could help others, not just veterans, but all of those that have lived through the loss of a limb. It was a challenge that I couldn't turn down," he grinned.

"You're a SEAL, right? I imagine challenge is your middle name," the host joked. He held up a cast photo. "This is your wife right here, Lily Mercer?" he asked.

"That's her," Finn agreed.

"She sings too, doesn't she?" he asked. "In the show?"

"Yes, it came as a surprise to all of us that she did. As soon as Elias heard her, he signed her."

"That the Elias Emory?" the host clarified.

"Yes, he and Mason Stevens, who produces and directs for the show, are responsible for my good luck in finding her."

"So, the movie, how does your new wife feel about your on-screen kisses with..."

Lily tuned the rest of it out as she heard a key in the door. She knew it was Finn and she jumped up and raced to greet him, she was halfway across the room when her toe caught on a rolled-up rug, and she went careening across the entranceway, pulling the lamp with her and plunging the room into darkness when the safety switch killed the circuit.

She landed in Finn's arm, who fell back on to the steps of the stairs with an 'umph' as he landed on top of him.

"Well, hello to you too. Isn't this how we started?" Finn joked.

"Mike, you O.K.?" Lily called.

"Yep!" he had graduated from yes to yep.

"Let's just sit here for a few minutes, if you don't mind," Lily said as she found his lips with hers.

"I don't mind. Did you break anything?" Finn asked after a minute.

"You mean other than the lamp?" she asked, resting her head against his shoulder.

"Yes, other than the lamp."

 Nope," Lily said, kissing him again.

"I didn't like that lamp anyway," he insisted.

"I think it killed the recording of the show, though." She sat up, but he pulled her close once more.

"Who cares," he said, "Let's just stay like this."

"Forever?" she asked, teasing.

"Forever," he agreed.

Authors Note:

Thank you all for hanging in there with me on this one. A lot has happened since the beginning of this story, a death in the family, a vacation, a cold, but you all hung in there with me until the end and I thank you. This story needs some serious editing, which I will do after some time away from it, but I hope you liked it. As always, thanks for your support, you all got me through another one, without you all pushing me to finish Lily and Finn would never have gotten their happy ending.

Sarah-