3. Hatake Family

1 Week Since Adoption

The reason Kakashi had left Naruto at the clothes store was to run into a shop run by an old woman, and purchase two gifts:

The first one was a stuffed animal; a fox. Naruto grinned when he saw it and hugged it tightly, as he loved foxes. Despite the civilians common nickname for him, and the fox within his seal.

 Despite the civilians common nickname for him, and the fox within his seal

The second one was a beautiful gem necklace. It was moonstone, slung on a brown leather cord.

 It was moonstone, slung on a brown leather cord

(To give you an idea)

"Moonstone means new beginnings, and luck in love and family. Healing, and wholeness." Kakashi told him as he slipped it over his head.

Naruto got to have a training session with Kakashi and TenTen on the basics of chakra control. TenTen only struggled slightly before she got it, grinning triumphantly.

Despite his previous knowledge from his books, it seemed Naruto couldn't really get the hang of it. He felt his chakra as scorching and untamed, unable to control. When he explained this to Kakashi, he smiled and ruffled his hair, saying he'll do fine, and that not everyone gets it on their first day. Naruto didn't notice the bead of sweat that rolled down his guardian's face.

2 Weeks

Naruto slowly warmed up to Kakashi, spending lots of his time in the library. He made sure to always give a smile to Kakashi after he smiled at him, and tried his best to express how grateful he was. Naruto was reclusive, quiet, and overly polite. Kakashi was a little put down by the fact that he wasn't too comfortable yet, but understood and let him have his space while still engaging and smiling, often taking him out to the market or playground.

He still flinched when Kakashi raised his hand to ruffle his hair, though..

3 Weeks

TenTen and Naruto grew to be great friends, and continued to have training sessions with Kakashi. It was all simple things, as they were still far too young, but they were proud nonetheless. Naruto hasn't called Kakashi his 'Dad' since they first met, but TenTen wisely didn't ask.

6 Weeks

Naruto is more open to TenTen and Kakashi now. He grins wider and lets himself be the hyperactive child that he is, reminding Kakashi of Kushina greatly. TenTen is always backing him up when he decides to do something adventurous, despite her nervousness to some more questionable ideas.

Kakashi has picked fights with a multitude of rude citizens of Konoha, shinobi and civilians alike. Quickly, no one dared to hurt the former Uzumaki, wishing to not mess with Kakashi the Copy Ninja, son of the White Fang.

4 Months

Naruto was happy. He was completely open with his family (Kakashi and TenTen) and only sometimes would he retreat into his shell for a while, quiet and distant. Kakashi was slightly worried but happy for him all the same. He was outside a lot more often with TenTen, running around the village and laughing, but he still took time in his day to read in the library and calm down.

10 Months

Naruto has begun to cook, learning from Kakashi. As they cooked, Kakashi would tell him stories. Stories of his teammates, his sensei, his wife, his old missions, his experiences. Sometimes, Kakashi would carry him on his shoulders as Naruto helped him find the ingredients or stir. This led to Naruto normally calling Kakashi "Dad".

Naruto only saw the pink haired girl named Sakura once more.

1 Year and 3 Months

The door creaked open, and in padded TenTen and Naruto.

Kakashi lowered his book and grinned.

"How are you guys?" He hummed, placing the book down and walking over.

Internally, he gushed over how cute they were, tanned with bandages all over their body, sticks in their hair and mud in their shoes.

"Sorry for getting mud in, Kakashi-san!"

"It's alright. I have no missions right now, so it's nice to have something to do." He smiled kindly.

"Yeah, because you were taken off the roster! You shouldn't have hurt yourself so much on that last one, Dad! You could've died!" Naruto chided, slipping off his shoes and shrugging off his jacket.

Kakashi's heart warmed and he gazed at his son and TenTen.

"Of course. Sorry Naruto."

Naruto nodded, pouting.

"I'll go wash up!" TenTen announced, bounding up the stairs and entering one of the bathrooms. She did not leave before giving Naruto a knowing look.

"Dad?" Naruto murmured.

Kakashi hummed in response, turning to face him. His eyes widened in panic as tears dropped down into the carpet, running down his son's face.

"Naruto! Are you alright? What's wrong, what do you need?"

'MY BABYYYYY HE'S CRYING WHAT DO I DO-"

Kakashi froze as Naruto grinned through the tears.

He beamed, tears gushing down his face.

"D-Dad..hic..no one calls me a monster anymore..hic... they call me Naruto Hatake.." he smiled, sniffling as the tears refused to cease.

Kakashi's breath caught in his throat. Naruto rarely disclosed information about the citizens of Konoha mistreating him. Beating him, insulting, anything, Naruto usually wished to keep that quiet and in the past.

"They d-don't hate me anymore..."

Kakashi embraced Naruto tightly, sniffling as he hugged his son.

Naruto Hatake.

::

🍥

Yay happy day! I have a short gift to give ya'll next chapter, then the first day at the academy!