4. Hobbies

"You really need a hobby."

It was noon, with Spring nearing. Naruto, Kakashi, and TenTen laid sprawled in the library. Kakashi was reading his ever mysterious book, a cloth book cover hiding whatever the front showed.

TenTen and Naruto were poring over some medical textbooks, trying to figure out the antidote for a poison Kakashi assigned.

"I do!" Naruto protested, gesturing to the books surrounding him with tanned, scarred fingers.

"That doesn't count! You need something you enjoy, and to help you relax." His best friend exclaimed.

"But I—"

"Not related to work! Or shinobi life!" TenTen warned.

Naruto drooped down as Kakashi chuckled.

"You need to go outside!"

"But I—"

"Not pranking!"

"What do you suppose I do then?" Naruto gave up, laying down his book as he pouted at TenTen.

She sighed, rubbing her forehead. "Fine! Let's go try stuff out and figure out what you like to do!"

Kakashi brightened. "That actually sounds like a great idea, TenTen!"

"I know Kakashi-sama. That's why I came up with it." TenTen huffed cheekily, grabbing her best friend's arm and tugging him in the direction of the exit.

"B-bye Dad!" Naruto managed as he was dragged out of the room.

"Bye Naruto!"

Kakashi smiled. Naruto was in good hands.

Now back to Icha Icha—

::

"So what's first?" TenTen finally let go of his wrist and was looking around the village with glittering eyes.

"I'm not sure!" TenTen chirped. She turned to face a bakery.

"Have you ever baked?"

Naruto's nose scrunched up slightly as he tried to remember.

Sure, he loved to cook with Kakashi, but he wasn't much of a sweet tooth anyway, so...

"No, I don't think so."

TenTen grinned.

Naruto gulped, a bead of sweat rolling down his nervous face.

::

Naruto and TenTen ran out of the blazing bakery, coughing as the patrons attempted to save the building with water style jutsu.

Naruto coughed out some flour as TenTen grimaced, wiping off some egg shells in her hair.

"Okay, so baking is a no."

Naruto was silent, but the building on fire behind them spoke for him.

::

"This is stupid!" Naruto huffed.

TenTen hummed in agreement, tossing the fishing rod behind her.

Suddenly, Naruto was sent crashing into the small lake. He resurfaced to glare childishly at a cackling TenTen.

A grin couldn't help but creep onto his face as he pulled on her leg, sending her straight into the water with him.