8. TenTen..

Naruto could barely keep still, constantly glancing at Kakashi and grinning excitedly, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

"Are you done?" He asked.

Kakashi chuckled, ruffling his hair. "Yeah. Let's start heading there."

They exited their home and began walking through the streets, Naruto rambling over how excited he is to meet TenTen's parents and have dinner with them.

Despite how close the two were, Naruto had never met the girl's parents. Actually, TenTen was almost always over at his house, sleeping, eating, just staying over. It was almost as if..

Naruto shook his head and ran up to catch up with Kakashi.

Before approaching the house, Naruto frowned. He knew it was mean to judge on appearances, but..that house looked, well, terrible. It wasn't in terrible shape at all, it had a prefect lawn with zero flaws, the windows were sparkling clean, and even the chimney was spotless.

But it felt so..so fake? It didn't have the same homely, cozy, and lived-in feeling that his own home did. This place was a house, not a home.

Naruto walked up to the door, knocking softly.

After precisely 5 seconds, the door was opened and Naruto met the gaze of two adults, a man and a woman.

TenTen's parents.

The woman had long, brown hair trimmed neatly and not at all like the messy, soft plump of hair TenTen had. The man had dark, black hair that was combed and styled with the illusion of a professional businessman.

Their gaze quickly moved over Naruto and to his father, who was standing behind him. The pair smiled, though it didn't quite meet their eyes.

"Kakashi Hatake." The man nodded, shaking his hand.

The woman smiled sweetly, though it didn't fit nicely on her face. "And little Hatake. How cute!"

Naruto smiled politely. "Than-"

They ushered them inside, and Naruto's eyes widened.

"TenTen?" The girl in front of him was not TenTen. The girl was missing that mischievous grin, and her messy hair was combed and tamed, sitting flat on her head. In place of her T-Shirt and pants was a pink dress. She wasn't smiling, her stare uncomfortable.

"Hello Naruto." She muttered, her face reddening in embarrassment.

"Tenny, honey, don't fiddle with your dress!" Her mother shrieked.

TenTen flinched.

TenTen hated to be called Tenny, if Naruto remembered. TenTen hated combing her hair, or wearing dresses. She hated everything about the situation she was put in my her parents. So why?

The rest of the dinner was robotic. The Hatake family was polite, but soon enough their smiles became strained as TenTen was continuously ignored. Any time there was a show of affection to her; it was right in front of them and never feeling genuine.

They just nodded and smiled.

The hardest part was leaving. Naruto forced himself to wave goodbye and walk away as TenTen watched them from the doorway, an invisible weight resting on her shoulders.

::

"TenTen!" Naruto called, huffing when he got no reply.