19. Training Skills

Hecka important message:

I entered Call Me Dad into General Naruto, NWA/Naruto Watty Awards! When voting starts, please consider voting maybe??

Okay thanks love you guys so much bye—

::

Sasuke's transition to the Hatake home should have felt guilty, sorrowful, and full of nostalgia.

Instead, Sasuke laughed and cried and smiled wide while his new family helped him bring his stuff to his new home.

There wasn't much. Just a few photos and books, his closet half-full of clothes, with a box or two of his late parents' possessions for nostalgia and sentimentality. Sasuke gingerly tucked a few possessions of Itachi's into the bottom.

(He may hate Itachi Uchiha for what he did, but he could always mourn the Itachi that died the day of the massacre. Aniki.)

When they arrived, Naruto's room had changed. Gone was the large bed with a futon on the floor, replaced with a spacious bed bunk. The bottom bed's covers were orange, with the above being a dark blue. On the other side of the room, there was a long and large desk with two chairs on opposite sides and bookshelf's installed into the walls, with one side full of flowers and vibrant hanging plants.

On Sasuke's side, a dark banner was hung with the Uchiha crest. Sakura grinned at that and told him, "It's because you're not giving up your family, you're still an Uchiha, but now you've got another. Hatake."

Sasuke adamantly refused to admit he might have teared up a bit.

Tenten had also greeted them at the door, eyes wide and face broken into a wide grin, and in one easy motion Sasuke was lifted into the air and spun around because Tenten Hatake was just that strong from lifting heavy weapons.

At one point, Sasuke isn't sure when, Hinata climbed through the window into their room, unsealed a bunch of paint supplies, and began painting on the blank walls.

Whenever Sasuke tried to open his mouth to say anything, she promptly shushed him. Naruto took it all in stride. The rest of the Hatakes didn't even bat an eye.

They'd be returning to missions tomorrow, because while Hiruzen was very understanding on giving them a short leave of absence, they had a duty as Konoha shinobi.

::

Fuck duty.

Sasuke grimaced as he held the devil-cat Tora as far away from his face as possible without losing his grip and setting her free. That poor, ancient, satanic cat.

Every time they got this mission, Sasuke bit back a groan and a string of curses as the rest of Team 7 looked at him pitifully. For some reason, all cats, including Tora, were naturally drawn to him. It might be because he's an Uchiha, and Uchiha have been tied to cat summons for as long as he can remember, but Tora is a normal cat, who has no business launching itself onto his face every time he gets near.

It makes the mission quick, at least.

The Daimyo's wife basically strangles Tora, but Sasuke and the rest can't find it in them to care as they nurse bleeding cuts and scratches. Spitefully, Naruto snatched the next mission request and storms out without a word, and Team 7 follow behind with similar expressions.

::

"Sasuke: Build up reserves, pair kenjutsu to flow seamlessly with taijutsu skills."

"Naruto: Stealth ans expand ninjutsu arsenal. Also, work on control."

Call Me Dadजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें