4

Events - Dmc5

Point of View - Nero

The look that he saw within his sister's eye sparked something in his heart. It felt like rage, and protectiveness over his younger sibling. He felt helplessness when meeting her face to face within that stupid statue, tears pooling in his irises.

He ignored the cry of defiance from V and raced into the battlefield, his mind racing at the thought of his sister being used as a pawn to this hideous creature. He cut the tentacles surrounding his sister and caught her as she fell, holding her close to him.

Nero rested for a bit, only moving his body when he heard Dante's voice; of course he was talking to V and trying to get a feel of the situation. Nero grit his teeth in annoyance. He couldn't take a look at him and (Y/N) and see that the situation was grim?

"Nero... your sister is out of energy to continue this fight. It would be best if we retreat and let Dante take care of this." V insisted upon this request, and (Y/N) grunted against his hold on her. He couldn't let her go, not again. She needs to stay out of the fights that they encounter from now on.

He nodded, rolling his eyes at the groan coming from (Y/N). Nero wouldn't lie but her bravery is sorta pissing him off. Huffing as he carried you over his shoulder he followed V while Dante walked past to deal with the enemy.

"Deadweights..." The legendary devil hunter mumbled.

Nero rolled his eyes at this, he was always trying to claim the spotlight since he met him - not this time. When this fight is over, he and his sister will claim the spotlight - he can count on that.

The three of them jumped out of the tree (why they didn't go to the exit down below is astounding) where Morrison was waiting for them. At first he seemed confused, and you turned your body to point at the tree: that's where Dante was.

He finally set you down as he angrily shoved the worried Morrison out of the way - he's not going to pretend that he didn't hear what that old man said while walking past.

You stared at Nero worriedly. When he was angry, he did stupid things. V sensed your worry and placed a hand on your shoulder, stopping you from going after him. "He'll be alright, give him time to ice himself out." V advised as he glanced at your brother.