7

Events - Dmc5

Point of View - Nero

Nero gave himself a mission, he didn't forget that the main mission was to defeat the demon king Urizen. But he made a custom mission for himself. Since he heard from Dante that his sister was speaking again, he decided to stay with her for a bit. Only because he couldn't go with Dante to fight Urizen.

Humming that thought out of his mind, Nero turned his head slightly to look at (Y/N), who had preoccupied herself with one of the books Nico had in her van. "Say, you think you can tell me a single word from that book you're reading sis?"

(Y/N) nodded, skimming the page for a word she would be able to say. "Uhhhh machinery!" Nero chuckled and gave her a warm smile.

"Good job. Mind telling me a few more?"

"Bullet, guns, metal, wood!"

Nico smiled at her, getting up and snatching the book out of her hands. "That's fine and dandy but aren't the two of you supposed to be out there kicking demon ass?" She questioned while moving the book out of (Y/N)'s grasp. Nero felt a bit guilty for her.

Leaning back in his seat, Nero tilted his head up towards the ceiling. "We should be. But Dante decided to steal the spotlight once again."

"Spotlight stealer..." (Y/N) mumbled while crossing her arms.

He couldn't disagree with his little sister's words as he hopped out of his seat in the front to motion his sister to follow. "C'mon little sister. We can't let that spotlight stealer take away all the fame."

Nero huffed as he tried to keep up with his sister. After leaving Nico's van behind, (Y/N)'s eyes sparkled as she got a spark of energy. What she said as she ran confused him. She kept saying the words 'papa' and 'papa's this way'.

(Y/N) probably knew what their father looked like, since they were separated at birth. Being completed honest Nero doesn't really remember much of his childhood, except for Credo and Kyrie.

"OOF!"

"Stop! No more!"

Those voices... Nero clenched his fist and ran faster. "Dante, (Y/N)! Don't worry I'll be there soon!"