14.0

[name]'s POV:

"And joining us up here to help commentate, is the 1A student who just gave an amazing speech, [name] [fake last name]," Zashi-kun screeched.

"Hi," I said, exchanging glances with Sho-chan, knowing that he was already done with Zashi-kun and his antics.

The first phase was going pretty smoothly. 1A was pulling ahead, Todoroki-kun and Katsu-chan in particular. I silently cheered to myself as I watched Hitoshi doing good.

Zashi-kun did most of the talking, with Sho-chan and me occasionally chiming in.

Things got interesting when Midoriya-kun used a bunch of the land mines to blast himself into first place.

Woah. Was not expecting that.

Apparently nobody did.

His little trick let him keep the title of first place. I was proud of him, despite not knowing him that well. I should try to get to know him better.

I did only give him energy before, after the battle training.

Maybe I should get to know his entire squad. Iida-kun and Uraraka-chan seem like good people. I even voted for Iida for class president.

Class 1A did great in the first phase, most of them making it into the second phase.

Good job, Hitoshi!

The cavalry battle was interesting to watch. The different strategies and groupings definitely made it intriguing.

Once again, Todoroki-kun, Katsu-chan, and Midoriya-kun put themselves out there. They were probably the most memorable.

Nearing the end, Todoroki-kun had cornered Midoriya-kun's team.

Todoroki-kun's arm lit up in beautiful flames, if only for a second, before they distinguished.

His team did end up getting the ten million from Midoriya, putting them in first place as the buzzer sounded.

Yet.

He looked conflicted and distressed.

Why?

There was an hour break before the third phase.

I knew it wasn't my place, but his normally stoic face was replaced with something much more raw and emotional. I'm going to ask him.

I decided to text Hitoshi beforehand. He was probably going to wait for me.

no concern for own well being:
Oi, Hitoshi
I'm gonna go do something before I meet up with you
Sorry dude
Go hang out with flirtatious Pikachu
Make friends
Be social
I'll text you afterwards so we can meet up
Good job so far
I'm so proud
Love you

insomniac pineapple:
Ok
Thanks, [nickname]
And no way
Kaminari is going to try and flirt with me again
He's pestering me to see how he can win you over
Practicing on me
Don't leave me with him
I know you can see this
Don't ignore me
I hate you

I laughed at his messages and pocketed my phone.

As I wandered around, not using a wheel chair because of my hero costume, I accidentally crashed into someone.

I immediately bowed and apologized, "I'm so sorry. I should have been watching were I was going."

As I looked up, I realized who it was.

It did not ease my nerves.

Endeavor.

He gave me a disapproving glance, "What's your name."