29.0

3rd Person POV- The Aizawa Apartment:

"What do you mean she's gone- she can't be. She- she-"

Hitoshi Shinsou, the always seemingly uninterested best friend of the missing girl, shrank down into himself, eyes blown wide and head cradled in his hands. He had been affected by the gas in the forest and had been in the hospital until now. His parents were on a business trip, as they usually were, leaving him alone. Shota took it upon himself to care for his second child. 

"She's too strong for that. She's- gone?"

The news had hit hard. 

But what could he have done? He was busy helping the students of 1-B. 

Thoughts swirled in a tornado inside his mind, everything and nothing at the same time ripping his brain in two. 

But this time, [name] wasn't there to support him through it. 

And that hurt the most. 

Hitoshi's breathing became erratic and the guardian of the missing girl knew what was happening. 

Experience, you could say, but not first hand. 

Shota was not the best with other people and feelings, never was. The daughter he had formed him into a more empathetic person, of course, but people can only change so much. 

Shota was hurting. That wasn't going to stop him from trying his damn best to show his son he cares. 

While he's still here.  

No. 

She's going to come back. 

"Kid, calm down."

"I- I can't. She's gone and I couldn't do anything. I should've went with her, I could've helped her. I could've been her hero."

The self doubt had been heard millions of times before. And every time it stung worse. 

"She would've gone insane over you if you had gotten hurt. Imagine how she'll act when she learns you got affected by the gas."

"I know, that little hypocrite. But- but-"

Hitoshi's hyperventilating increased, overwhelmed by all of the thoughts. His heart pounding throughout his entire body along with the negative emotions he was feeling. 

Shota, feeling super shaken up, continued to do what he thought [name] would do. 

He grabbed Hitoshi's hand delicately and placed it over his heart.

"Just breathe when you feel me breathe, okay? Try  as best as you can and relax with the heart beat. She'll be okay, she's strong."

But, even he wasn't sure what would happen. 

And that terrified him. 

~~~

3rd Person POV-  Katsuki's Bedroom:

Damn it, damn it, DAMN IT

Katsuki's small manga collection collided with the floor, landing next to a destroyed alarm clock and an assortment of clothing. 

He whirled around the room, taking out his anger on his belongings. 

She was right there, right fucking there.

And she risked her life to save my sorry ass.

She's gone and it's my fucking fault.