19.0

Holy shit, guys, you are too kind to me.

~~~

[name]'s POV:

Hitoshi left early, after our little sleepover.

He left me a note on a napkin, written in purple ink. 

Dearest [nickname],
       As you can tell, I'm gone. I went home to get away from you and get my uniform and  backpack. Walk on your own today, I need coffee and not a headache.
      Love you, I guess. -Hitoshi

How cute.

I pulled on my uniform and walked out the door with my [favorite color] backpack.

I wasn't exactly paying attention to where I was going, resulting in me crashing into somebody's chest outside of UA. 

Last time this happened, it was Endeavor, so it could only go up from there. 

Unless it was Satan.

Or a furry.

"I'm so sor-"

"Wow, aren't you in 1A? Aren't you guys supposed to have amazing reflexes and skills since you are so much better than 1B?"

My eyes lit up in recognition, ignoring the jabbing words.

"I know you! Neito Monoma, right? You have that amazing copying quirk and really good strategy in the Sports Festival.

"I was rooting for you, along with some other friends of mine. I couldn't participate, but that was kind of nice because then I could watch people like you. That was a weird thing to say and I'm rambling."

I bowed, "[name] [fake last name], but please call me [name]."

His face morphed from false confidence to shock to a softer confidence.

"You seemingly already know who I am. I'm surprised in class 1A even used their precious time to talk to someone from the lesser 1B." With that, he started to walk towards the school. 

Confusion laced my voice, as I followed him, "Lesser? What do you mean? Classes in the hero course are randomly split. Yes, 1A has a reputation, but that doesn't mean 1B is any less strong.

"You, for example, are just as strong and capable as anybody in 1A. So, use your strength and drive to be the one to show the world that 1B is just as good."

We reached the 1A classroom. I sheepishly looked over at him, "Sorry for crashing into you and then rambling for a while, Monoma-kun. I'll, hopefully, talk to you later. I'm sure that there's an amazing person and hero-to-be under that anti-1A facade."

I made my way to open the door when a voice made me pause. 

"[name]," he cleared his throat, "Call me Neito, or whatever. I guess not all of 1A sucks."

"Sure thing," I gave him a closed eye smile and walked into the room. 

~~~

As I was playing with Hitoshi's hair and talking to Shoto, other students were talking about how they were getting recognized. 

I hadn't, but that was 100% fine with me.

Sho-chan walked into the room, with his bandages finally off. 

Asui-chan mentioned that and Sho-chan replied drearily. Nothing was especially different today.

"Anyway, we have a big class today. Our hero informatics."

A sense of dread spread through the room.