~^-^~

Here's a little special chapter, I'm still working on everything for the final exams.
This is canon, but I don't know where to put it in the timeline. It's at some point.
All the songs that I name will be listed at the end, with the artist.
Woo.

[name]'s POV:

"What do you mean we're having a dance?"

I was mentally freaking out while talking with Sho-chan.

"Nezu and the faculty thought that we should repair relationships between 1A and 1B."

"But- do we all have to go to it? You know I can't dance and that I'm not good at social stuff like this."

"Yes, you do."

"We don't have to have a date, right?" A pleading look in my eyes.

"Of course not," he scoffed, "I'm your guardian, and it's my job to keep hormonal teenagers away from you. But, of course, there is an option to have a date."

Hitoshi, who was sitting on the couch and scrolling through his phone, looked up with his eyebrow raised. 

I picked my head up from the floor, where I was dramatically placed from the beginning of the conversation, wanting to know Sho-chan's answer to the silent inquiry.

He sighed and rubbed his temples. "Except for you, Shinsou." He did take a threatening step towards him. "But if you hurt my daughter, I won't hesitate."

Hitoshi stood up and faced Sho-chan. He bowed, surprising the two of us, as he is normally not this formal. It was dead silent when he began to speak. "I swear to you both that I will never hurt her. I will do my best to protect her, as well. I promise that I will stay by her side and push her to her fullest potential, as she did with me."

"You hurt my heart, Hitoshi," I cried fake tears, although some were real. I didn't know he felt like that. I hugged him, with a bit too much force and we fell onto the couch. "I feel the same. I promise. I would make you do the promise handshake, but I'm comfortable."

"I need coffee. You are a handful, [name]," Sho-chan said, while chuckling at the two of us. 

"Yeah, but you have two hands."

"The other is for all of 1A."

"Whatever."

"I'm going to go do hero work. I'll be back later."

"Love you, Sho-chan."

"Love you too, kiddo. Take care of her, Shinsou."

"Of course."

 ~~~

It was 3 am, Hitoshi and I were laying on the couch. Bo Burnham was on again, but forgotten in the background when I spoke softly.

"Hey, Hitoshi?"

"Yes, [nickname]."

"Will you go to the dance with me. As my best friend and protector?"

He smiled against my hair, "Yeah. Will we have to match?"

"Obviously. But we'll go casual."

"Thank God. But why did you ask me?"

"Well," I paused, wondering how to put my words, "Because I was scared."

"Oh?"

"I was scared that you wouldn't ask me. I wanted to go with you, because you know me better than anyone. Because you would know all my social cues and let me go home early. I also thought that nobody would want to go with me. So I asked first. Nobody in their right mind would even like me enough to bring me to a dance. I already know that you're insane." I went quiet. "It's a selfish reason, I know," I whisper.