15.0

[name]'s POV:

There was a little private open-air box next to the commentating booth. I got permission to sit there, being able to see more and have my friends see me cheering for them. I could, technically, go to the 1A box, but I decided against it. I'll just visit my friends in between matches. 

On the subject of friends, Hitoshi was up first. 

Against Midoriya. 

Our class still doesn't really know what Hitoshi's quirk is. They never questioned it. Shoji and Shoto didn't question it, despite being under its influence. 

Anyway.

They stood across from each other on the wide cement platform. Dancing flames were stationed in torches at each corner. You could feel the tension, no matter where you sat. 

Midnight stated the rules and then raised her whip. 

"Begin!"

Hitoshi's POV:

"Begin!"

I knew [nickname] was watching. I couldn't screw this up.

I gazed at Midoriya with a cool stare, standing idly at my end of the stage.

This wasn't going anywhere. 

"Hey," I called.

He went light pink, struggling not to speak. Somebody must have tipped him off about my quirk. 

"I've seen the way you look at her."

His eyes widened. 

They'd never had a full conversation, none that I had seen. 

But I knew.

I saw the admiring glances from far away.

Admiring her quirk.

Her looks.

Her personality.

Her everything.

Who wouldn't?

I had my suspicions on other people. 

Particularly her older friends in third year and some in our class. 

Midoriya was one of them.

"Do you really think you can get anywhere by just looking at her? Letting her exhaust herself, healing you instead? You don't have a chance." I taunted.

I hated this.

I felt like a villain. 

Taunting others into falling into my quirk.

It felt like I was bullying others. 

But.

It was for [name].

To prove something.

"You can try. Just know that you have some competition. You're sure to lose."

"It's not like that-" 

"Got you."

His eyes glazed over, his stance slackening, relaxing. 

"Go and walk out of bounds."

He complied. 

Why wouldn't he?

I looked over to where my [nickname] was sitting. 

She was smiling like an idiot, by herself. Her bandages shone white, the sun reflecting off of them. She was beautiful.

Suddenly, a gust of wind came from Midoriya's direction.