Stargazing

It's funny how destiny could be so playful at times. Just when you thought you've moved on, the universe will suddenly tell you otherwise. It was frustrating and relieving at the same time.

It all started three years ago, when Jane Foster, your friend, referred you to Tony Stark. The Tony Stark. You knew this would be the highlight of your career, you have long dreamed to work for/with the famous genius, playboy, billionaire and philanthropist. At last, after all your hard work, this dream of yours will soon be a reality.

He welcomed you warmly into his tower, praising your studies that he had heard of.

"Hold on, let me introduce you to my science bro. He has some anger problems you see, but he's completely harmless." He winked at you.

You giggled.

Science bro? Really?

"Hey big guy!" He called his lab partner while you stare at your papers when you saw a drop of sauce in there.

"I'd like you to meet...." just then, you lifted your gaze from your papers and to the man in front of you. You and the man both did this at the same time and the look on your faces showed complete surprise.

"Bruce?"

"Y/N?"

You said those at the same time. Freezing in your positions and smiling widely at each other. You couldn't believe who you were seeing.

"Oh you know each other?" The billionaire commented. He clasped his hands together. "great."

"What are you doing here?" Bruce asked, finally collecting himself from the shock that he felt. And completely ignored Tony's question.

"I'm the new lab partner."

Tony told you some important things then instructed you to go check your room just to get him and Bruce alone.

"Okay what was that?" Tony asked, crossing his arms.

Bruce looked at him confused. "What do you mean?"

"How do you know her?"

"We were friends."

The playboy chuckled. "Banner, Banner, Banner." and gave him a look that tells him he wasn't buying it. "Now, the real answer please."

Banner clenched his jaw. He wondered why Tony was so interested in this topic.

"Dude with the reaction the two of you shared earlier, I would've thought you were each other's first loves!"

He had enough. So instead of answering, he rolled his eyes at him and left him there.

"He-hey! So am I right or wrong!? Fine, is she your ex, then?"

You and Bruce knew each other back in high school. You shared an interest with science, you both loved it. You love the stars, so you often sneak at midnight to go stargazing when you were in high school, though one time he got a beating from his dad when he got found out, but this didn't stop the both of you.

Watching the stars, you would talk about your dreams, ambitions, life and anything related to science. You both plan on changing the world.

Some guys in your age finds it absurd. But you didn't care. You knew it was possible, as long as you two are together.

You were his only friend back then, the only one who shares his secrets to and vice versa. You felt a connection with him, belonging. He did too. So when it was time for college, he did all he could just to follow you in wherever University you were going to.