Better together

Inspired by the song better together by jack johnson

There is no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard
No song that I could sing, but I can try for your heart

Tony stood impatiently inside the airport, he was looking at his watch every chance he got. And he had every chances. He tapped his feet on the ground and check his watch again.

"Banner, where is that friend of yours?! If she only accepted my offer of using my private plane instead of getting into those cheap airlines. Then I wouldn't be standing here for hours just to wait for her!"

Bruce rolled his eyes at his friend, he was being so dramatic once again. "Tony, it's only been five minutes."

"You know my time is precious!" The billionaire sighed. "She better be hot to be wasting my precious time like this."

Bruce shook his head on his friend. "Well, I'm telling you... she is."

The billionaire suddenly became excited, this was the first time he heard Bruce complimenting a woman. Then this friend of his must really be that good looking, right?

"Then why are you just friends with her?" Bruce shot him a confused look.

"Tony, we only see each other as best friends. Nothing more."

Our dreams, and they are made out of real things
Like a, shoe box of photographs
With sepia-toned loving

They were waiting for your arrival. Last week you messaged Bruce that you were going back to the country after going around the world for volunteers and research. He couldn't be happier and told you that they were hiring scientists. Stark saw your records and thought that you were the perfect person for the job. That and he's also curious about you.

Then you finally arrived. Bruce saw you from a far and waved his hand, he watched how your eyes scanned the whole area and finally lit up when you saw him.

"Bruce!" You ran to him and gave him a hug.

Love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart
Like why are we here? And where do we go?
And how come it's so hard?
It's not always easy and
Sometimes life can be deceiving

He chuckled at your action and hugged you tightly. He lift you off your feet for a second just to drop you again, you finally let go and stared at him.

"Wow! It's been so long, you've changed so much!" You scanned him up and down while he awkwardly rubbed his neck.

"Well, I could say the same to you." He pursed his lips and looked you up and down. Your skin was more tanned compared to when he last saw you, your hair was longer and you somehow learned to wear make up.

"So? Any news? How was your volunteering?"

You threw your head back and groaned. "Tiring!"

He chuckled and ruffled your hair.

"But fulfilling, I missed you though. Everything seems to be so hard when we're apart."

Bruce nodded, agreeing to what you were saying.

I'll tell you one thing, it's always better when we're together
It's always better when we're together
Yeah, we'll look at the stars when we're together
Well, it's always better when we're together
Yeah, it's always better when we're together