Iris

He would give up everything he has and everything he'll ever have.

He'd give up forever to touch you.

He sat at his own table on a cafe, stealing glances from you, who sat a few tables away from him.

You were too focused on the book that you were reading. He watched as you smile, assuming you've read something funny. Your eyebrows rose and he assumed that you've read something amusing.

You blew on your hair, you bit your lip, sip your coffee. Bruce smiled. You looked beautiful as ever.

Your hair falling perfectly on your shoulders, your eyes sparkling, your rosy cheeks, your smile, your silent laugh. It all looked like it all came from a movie, or at least it was for Bruce.

He could watch you the whole night. The whole week. The whole month, year. And if given the chance, the rest of his life.

The smell of the relaxing caffeine eases his mind, and he knew that it has the same effect on you too. But despite of this strong aroma, all he can breathe is your life.

All he can taste is this moment.

He knew that sooner or later, this magical moment will be over. But he didn't mind. He stayed there, enjoying the moment, staring at you in an attempt to memorize your features. Memorize how you smile, you laugh, you shook your head, tuck your hair in your left ear and everything else.

In an attempt to relieve his memories of you.

Night after night, he'd stay up on the lab, sleep on his bed, missing you, longing for you. But tonight is not one of those.

No, he didn't want to miss you tonight.

Just tonight. He thought. He allowed himself to at least see you tonight.

Though, sitting here, a few tables away from you, he realized that he never missed you so much as much as he misses you now.

Seeing you, watching you, made him realize just how much he really misses you.

He was aching.

To touch you, to talk to you, to have you in his arms.

He wanted you to know who he is.

But that seems too impossible now.

Today was supposedly your 3rd year anniversary. If it weren't for that incident.

Eleven months ago, Bruce lost his control. The Hulk went out of control, he smashed things and destroyed the tower. He injured people, and one of those who were heavily injured, was you.

You spent months in the hospital, went through various operations which helped you to recover.

But despite of these operations, there was one thing that you couldn't recover.

Your memories.

You have amnesia.

You didn't have a family, and didn't have much friends. So Bruce secretly provided you a home and secretly helped you to have a stable life again.

But Bruce never introduced himself to you again. He told his friends not to approach you anymore. He blamed himself for what happened to you, and decided that you were better off without him.

And judging how you look right now, he knew he was right.

You look happy and content.

Sitting there. Bruce wished he was at that table with you, sitting across from you. Laughing as he saw how engaged you were again at the book that you were reading. You would roll your eyes on him and he would laugh, his cup of coffee in his hand and his eyes focused on you.