Friend

Okay, in this one shot, you and Bruce are in college and are in your 2nd year.

——-

You sigh. You have been working on your requirements for hours now, but it's not yet finished, hell it's not even close to it yet. So, you decided to just take a short nap, you checked the time, it was already 2:45 am and you have class on 7:00 am.

"Ah, I'm so tired." You said, dragging yourself to your bed. You finally laid there and after just seconds, you heard your phone's text notification.

You closed your eyes and palmed your whole face. "Seriously, can't I just rest for 15 minutes?"

You plan to ignore it but then you heard 3 new messages have arrived. So, you lazily reached for your phone and read your messages through your half-lidded eyes.

Bruce: Hey, you up?

Bruce: Are you busy? Can we talk?

Bruce: I need you now.

Bruce: Betty and I broke up.

You sat up from your bed.

"What the fuck?"

You: really?

You: why, what happened?

You: answer my call.

"Hello?" He said from the other side of the call.

"Are you alright?"

You just heard your close friend sigh. "Do you want to hear the true answer to that or not?" There was a hint of smile from his voice.

You just rolled your eyes and he chuckled a little, knowing what you were doing. Seconds later, he grew silent.

"I'm... I'm not fine."

You didn't know what to answer with that. "..." There was silence for a long while before you spoke up again. "W-what happened?"

"It's... It's my fault. She said she wants space." You bit your lip, hating the sound of sadness in your friend's voice.

"Space? Then maybe she just needs time to think?"

You heard him sigh. "Maybe,"

"Well, are you willing to wait for her?"

"Yes," He answered almost instantly. "Of course."

You didn't know why your heart ached with what he had said. But you let yourself fall on your bed, still holding the phone on your ear.

"I'm sorry, did I disturbed you? Were you doing something?" You spared a look to your unfinished requirements.

"No,"

"Then.. did I wake you up?"

No, Bruce. I was just about to.

"Sounds like a yes." He sighed again. "I'm sorry Y/N."

"No, don't be."

"I.. I'm hanging up, you need to sleep." He said once again.

"Are you sure? You can still talk to me if you want to... I'm not that busy anyway.."

"No, I can handle myself Y/N. Just... just stay with me okay? I need you."

"Of course, Bruce. I'm only one call away."

"Thank you Y/N. Thank you so much."

And with that, you hung up. Closing your eyes and finally letting yourself sleep.