Prologue

The air was calm, and the sun shone brightly onto the earth below. Light reflected off a stream, by which a man and woman sat. Not far away, a young girl, her eyes shining, ran towards her parents.

"Mom! Dad" She jumped up and down, hardly being able to contain her excitement. Her mother laughed at the child's vibrance. "Look what I can do!" The young girl turned and took a deep breath. She raised her fist and a steady stream of fire left her hand. Her parents gasped. Then her father smiled.

"My little fire bender," He bent down to hug her, and so did her mother. The little girl pulled away and blasted some more fire, delighted with her new-found ability. Her mother furrowed her brow "Honey- maybe you should st-"

A blast of fire set a nearby tree aflame. The little girl screamed and her parents told her to run. Then, instinctively, the girl raised her hand, and the water from the nearby stream, rose and the girl manipulated it towards the fire.

Her parents stared at her in awe. "How is this possible? How can she be both? She's not the Avatar?" Her father wondered aloud.

Her mother stood for a minute, thinking then she replied "no, she's not, but my parents were water benders, and yours were fire benders. There must be a genetic component to it."

"Maybe... but who knows what people will say when they find out. Think about what they'll do to her. Especially Ozai..."

"Dear, Ozai is your best friend,"

"Maybe, but he has bloodlust like I've never seen. He'll turn her into a weapon."

"You're right."

They both peered at their daughter, who was staring at the charred tree in disbelief.

"No one will ever find out that (Y/N) can water bend"
(A/N) THIS IS SHORT BC ITS THE PROLOGUE. FROM NOW ON THE CHAPTERS WILL BE LONGER.