BONUS CHAPTER 3

Katara and Toph spent the whole time asking about my plans about the child. And, I've come to the realization. I don't know anything. I don't know what to do with this baby! I want it, yes I want to have the baby. I want to have Zuko's baby. But, I've never felt so unprepared. I've never felt so small. I don't know what to do! I've always known what to do. I've faced everything without showing any fear. 

I barely spoke two words to Zuko when I got home. Our conversations went something like this: 

   Zuko: How are you feeling?

   Me: Fine...

   Zuko: Did you figure out why you're sick?

   Me: What makes you say that? Did Katara speak to you? Whatever she said, she's lying. She's a lying liar! You can't listen to her!

   Zuko: Wha-

   Me: gottagobye!

Okay. Pregnancy.

I had faced the most powerful benders in the world, a war, the literal end of the world, and death. All of these things I have done. I've been through more than the average person. A whole lifetime. 

I've been through everything. Except... having a child. 

I stared at the ground in my bathroom. Zuko was on the other side, in our bedroom. I let out a breath and looked up into the mirror. I smiled and put a hand on my stomach. I turned my self to the side and looked at my stomach in the mirror. Sure enough, I was showing. 

I'm having a baby. 

Zuko's baby.

We're having a baby.

I opened the door to the bathroom. Zuko looked up, meeting my eyes. 

   "Zuko."

   "Yes?"

   "So, you know when a man and woman love each other very much they decide to do very adult love things with each other- "

   "-Is this your way of saying there's not enough sex? Because I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about that-"

   "What?! No! I'm trying to say I'm pregnant!"

   "What?"

   "Yeah. Baby in my stomach. Your baby. In my stomach."

   "Tell me you're not joking."

   "What?"

   Zuko smiled, "Tell me you're not joking. Because I'm really happy right now, and if you were joking that would just be cruel and sick."

   "I'm not joking." 

Zuko ran and embraced me, "I love you. Oh my god, (Y/N), I love you. I love you and I love our child, and I know that they're not born yet, but," Zuko sat on his knees and hugged my stomach, "I love our child."

Tears streamed down my cheek. 

Zuko looked up at me, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing! I'm just... I'm so happy. I," I sighed, "I've known you for years, Zuko. I've loved you for years. You are the only reason I'm alive today. If I didn't love you... I wouldn't be here."

"(Y/N)-" Zuko got up and faced me.

"No. Let me finish. I've loved you forever, and now I'm having your child. We're having a child, Fire Lord Zuko!" I laughed and threw my hands up in the air, "We've started expanding our family," I leaned forward and my lips met his in an explosion of passion. 

Zuko smiled against my lips. 

The End 

(For real)