Kyoshi Island

It had been a few days, but not too much happened. We went to the Southern Air Temple, where Aang realized he really was the last Airbender and went all Avatar-y on us. It was fine, Katara calmed him down.

So, there we were flying in what seemed like the middle of no where. I watched Sokka rifle through maps, but I don't think anyone knew where we were. Aang tried to show Katara a trick but she was concentrating on sewing Sokka's pants back together.

"Stop bothering her, you need to give girls space while they do their sewing," I looked up at the blatantly sexist comment and raised a brow.

"What does me being a girl have to do with sewing?"

"Simple. Girls are better at sewing pants and boys are better at hunting and fighting and stuff like that," Katara opened her mouth to speak, but I cut her off.

"Really, Sokka? You think you're better than me at fighting?"

He looked uncomfortable but clearly, yes, he thought so. I scoffed. Zuko had never underestimated my abilities. I shook the thought away. Zuko wasn't here. I took a breath, "Well Sokka, when we land, I'll like to see you fight me."

As if on cue, Appa started landing on a small island. Sokka protested, and for once, Katara agreed. Aang expressed that Appa was tired, and so we decided to stop. Aang started riding an elephant koi. Sometimes it surprised me how much of a child he still is. I mean he is literally a child, so I guess it made sense? I didn't really know.

"Hey, Sokka! Ready for that fight? Don't go easy on me now"

"I wo-"

He was cut off by the sound of something huge in the water. I looked over, a giant sea monster was right behind Aang.

"Aang! Get out of there!" Katara screamed.

"Hu- AAAH," Aang plummeted into the water. He looked back to see a giant fin, he turned and ran(on the water, perks of being an Airbender) back to shore.

"I think we should leave now,"

Everyone agreed. Then I felt rope being tied around my hands, and feet. I looked around, and everyone was suffering the same fate. Then they covered my eyes. Wonderful.

***

Honestly, I didn't care anymore, I don't know what's going on half the time here. One minute we're being kidnapped, the next they hold a feast in our honor because Aang's the Avatar. Turns out we were on Kyoshi Island. Avatar Kyoshi was born here 400 years ago. The people who kidnapped us? They were called 'Kyoshi Warriors' and they were all women. I could respect that. Sokka on the other hand... I spent most of the day lying around inside. Aang was out showing off to the people on the island, who basically worshipped him. Katara was mad at Aang for being a jerk, and Sokka was trying to prove that he's stronger than Suki (one of the Kyoshi Warriors). I laid in a bed staring at the wall.

I laid in bed staring at a wall, clutching my stomach. "oww" I muttered quietly to myself.

"(Y/N)?" I heard Zuko's voice from the door. He was holding a bowl of soup. "I brought this for you, I hope it'll make you feel better" he smiled at me. "I'm just going to set it down here, then I'll leave" He set the soup down on a table and then turned around to leave.

"Zuko?"

He turned around to face me "Yeah?"

"Stay." I smiled

He walked towards the bed,"ok."

I heard footsteps, and a low growl. Then I heard a familiar voice. "Come out Avatar, you can't hide forever!"

Oh you have got to be kidding me.

I ran outside, to see Zuko beating the Kyoshi warriors (and Sokka who was in a dress?).

"Nice try Avat-"

"Zuko." He turned and saw me. I looked around the village. It was in flames. "Why, Zuko? Do you find pleasure in the suffering of others?"

He was silent, his eyes fixed on me.

"Are you going to say anything?"

"What do you want me to say?" That was a good question. What did I want him to say? I stared at him. I took in every feature. His hair, tied in a pony tail (that has to go), his golden eyes one of which was masked by a scar. His scar. I knew he hated that scar. I knew he made it out to be a mark of 'dishonor', but to me, his scar reminded me of a time where I was ready to die for him. I took in all of his features on last time. Who knew when I was going to see him again. I heard footsteps behind me, and turned to see Aang and Katara. I turned back and Zuko was still there, his eyes still fixed on me, not Aang. That surprised me. I lifted my fist, closed my eyes and shot a fire blast in Zuko's direction. Katara and Aang looked at me, dumbfounded. They had never seen me fire bend before.

"Go get Sokka, and get on Appa. NOW."

"What about you?"

"I'll be there. Don't worry."

I turned back to Zuko, who had dodged my blast and was staring at me, shock, hurt, and betrayal in his eyes. I felt my heart snapping in two. "I'm sorry Zuko," I blasted him again, he dodged, but he didn't fight back. I kept on blasting him, and he said and did nothing but dodge. He didn't even attempt to hit me back. "Why aren't you doing anything" I yelled, frustrated.

"I-I"

"You what Zuko?!!"I screamed at him, while constantly blasting him. Tears blurred my vision. I watched Aang, Katara, and Sokka start flying.

"I love you, (Y/N)."

I stopped.

One beat.

Blood roared in my ears.

Two beat.

My head was pounding.

Three beat.

I took a deep breath.

Four beat.

I used water to freeze Zuko in place. Then I ran. I watched as Aang used the Unagi to put out the fires in the village. I froze a path in the sea and I kept on running. I jumped on the Unagi (much to it's dismay but I didn't care at this point) I jumped off the Unagi, and used fire as an extra boost. I landed on Appa.

"Hi guys."

Katara, Aang, and Sokka looked at me, the awe, confusion, and wonder reflected in their eyes. "(Y/N), how?" Aang broke the silence.

"I don't know. Genetics? My mother came from a water bending family, and my father from a fire bending family. It's probably extremely rare, so I guess I got both bending genes? I don't know how genetics works."

"Why didn't you tell us? Don't you trust us?" Katara asked. I flinched.

"Why didn't you tell me? I thought you trusted me?" Zuko's voice echoed in my ears. The memory as clear as day. I sighed.

"I do trust you. I just didn't see the point of telling you. You would've found out anyway when I had to use fire bending. I spent most of my life fire bending, so it was bound to come out anyway," I turned around indicating that the conversation was over. I didn't want to talk to anyone right now. They got the hint.

I looked back at the island and saw Zuko and his crew running back to the ship.

I love you too, Zuko.

I didn't dare say the words out loud.

(A/N): SHOULD I CONTINUE?