And... We're Back.

I left my friends.

I don't know where they are now. 

Aang must be learning earth bending now. I wonder if they thought about me. I wonder if they even cared that I left. Somehow, I didn't think they did. 

Iroh still hasn't woken up.

I sat by his side with Zuko, using water bending to heal him. 

"Uncle."

Iroh blinked, he was waking up. 

"Uncle ... you were unconscious. Azula did this to you. It was a surprise attack."

"Somehow, that's not so surprising," Iroh groaned. 

Then he turned and saw me, "(Y/N)? You're back?"

I gave him a weak smile, "I'm back."

Iroh smiled at me and Zuko handed him tea. The tea wasn't very good, but I didn't have the heart to tell him. 

"I hope I made it the way you like it." Zuko said, handing his Uncle some tea. 

Zuko turned away for a moment, Iroh drank  the tea and gagged. I stifled a laugh. 

"Good. That was very ... uhhh ... bracing. "

Zuko handed him another cup, Iroh looked at it in disgust. When Zuko was turned away he threw the cup out. I smiled at him. 

"So Uncle, I've been thinking. It's only a matter of time before I run into Azula again. I'm going to need to know more advanced firebending if I want to stand a chance against her. I know what you're going to say: she's my sister and I should be trying to get along with her." Zuko said. 

"No, she's crazy, and she needs to go down." Iroh replied. 

"He's not wrong," I said, laughing.

Zuko and I left Iroh to rest for a bit, before we started training. 

Everything between Zuko and I has been extremely awkward. 

"Hey, (Y/N)!"

I turned to him, "Yeah?"

"Thank you, for staying."

I hugged him, "Zuko, I know I left you, and I'm sorry for that. But if you need me, I will always be here for you. I'm by your side. Always."

He tightened his grip on me. And I felt something wet slide down onto my head. He was crying. 

"But- that doesn't mean I'm going to help you capture the Avatar. Aang and the others are my friends. I will however kick Azula's butt."

I felt him nod, but he didn't pull away from the hug just yet.

After a few minutes he pulled away and held me at arms length.

"I met a little boy when I left Uncle," he said suddenly, "he was energetic, kind of annoying, and he asked a lot of questions. He reminded me of you."

"Wow... thanks, Zuko..." I laughed. 

"Hey, I'm just saying..." He chuckled with me. It felt good to see him laugh, it had been a while. "Oh, (Y/N), I almost forgot,"

"Yeah?"

He turned away and dug through his bag. He pulled out a familiar golden jewelry box. He handed it to me, "Here."

I gasped, "My mother's box! I thought for sure you would have lost it by now."

"I'd never lose anything of yours."