Toph

The North Pole was far behind us. 

I put the events of the North Pole far behind me. 

Katara's water bending is amazing now. She's really growing, and I love seeing her grow. Aang was also getting good at water bending. He actually managed to do the octopus trick that I do often. 

We were trying to find Aang an earth bending teacher, the next element he had to learn. 

Our first resort was King Bumi. He was the King of Omashu, and Aang's friend pre-ice. So, 100 years ago. When we finally made it to the Kingdom of Omashu, we learned that it had been taken by the Fire Nation. Bumi was held captive. 

So, now we had no idea where to find a teacher for Aang. 

We were at the market in Gaoling, a city in the Earth Kingdom. 

Sokka was checking out a bag, "it's pricey ... but I really do like it."

"You want to buy a purse?" I asked him. 

"It is not a purse. It's a very manly bag, where I can put my very manly things."

"Whatever you say Sokka..."

Katara laughed at our exchange, then she looked over at Sokka, "then you should get it, you deserve something nice."

Sokka smiled, "See, (Y/N), someone who understands how hard I work. Thank you dear sister." Katara rolled her eyes. "But no, it's too expensive. I shouldn't." Sokka continued. 

"Alright then don't," Katara said plainly.

"Plus it's a purse" I added. Katara giggled, and Sokka's face turned red, "It is not a purse!"

Katara walked away, and Aang followed her. 

"You know what (Y/N)? I'm gonna get it," Sokka smiled enthusiastically.

"Have fun with your purse, Sokka." I walked away, not wanted to hear Sokka's insistence that it's not a purse. 

I caught up with Aang and Katara, and soon we encountered a man distributing flyers, "Psst, psst! Hey, you kids love earth bending? You like ... throwing rocks? Then check out Master Yu's Earth bending Academy."

Wow, that sounds like a scam...

Aang grabbed a flyer and turned it over, "Look! There's a coupon on the back! The first lesson is free."

Katara smiled, "who knows? This Master Yu could be the earthbending teacher you've been looking for."

"You know guys, A+ for enthusiasm, but I am 100% sure that you're going to get nowhere with that," I told them. 

"You're just being a pessimist, (Y/N)." Katara said.

"Well, yeah I'm a pessimist. But, when Aang completely fails in that class, don't say I didn't warn you"

***

In conclusion, I am always right. 

Aang walked out of the academy, beating his left ear, causing sand to pour out of it, "ehhh, he's not the one."

I feigned a gasp, "if only someone had told you that the academy was a bad idea- oh wait!"

Katara rolled her eyes then smiled.

Two other students exited the Academy, "I think The Boulder's going to win back the belt at Earth Rumble VI," one was saying.

"He's going to have to fight his way through the best earth benders in the world to get a shot at the champ," the other replied.