Getting Nick to Trust You is Like Getting Through a Maze..

Loyd's pov

"Did you escape from the hospital?" I ask Nick jokingly.

We've been in his room for a while now, his parents actually knowing where we are. Nick is completely exhausted and sore from being all over the place last night. And so am I, honestly. He's been laying in his bed in the same position for the last twenty minutes, on his back with one hand on his stomach and the other next to him. All he moves are his eyes and mouth to speak. And I'm laying down next to him, also too tired to move.

He promised I could come over today when he was too delirious to understand what he was agreeing to. That's what happens when You haven't slept in 24 hours.

"No, I got discharged yesterday morning for good behavior," he laughs, "I still had to go to therapy this morning though."

"And how was that?" 

"We talked about some things in my past and then told me that I shouldn't sneak out into the forest in the middle of the night, but I'm going to do it anyways," he explains. "I feel like I never ask, how are you, Brad?"

Yeah, you don't ask. Not throwing any shade, but you don't. "Tired as shit for staying up until 6 am with you and Johnny."

The conversation ends soonly after that. I really don't remember when my eyes closed.

Nick's pov.

Something brushes against my hand. Without opening my eyes I bring it towards me. Becoming more aware of my surroundings, I feel weight on my legs that wasn't there before.

My eyes spring open, not liking the feeling of my legs being touched. I throw myself back in panic thinking someone is taking advantage of me, only to realize it was just Brad who passed out next to me. My movement wakes him and his eyes widen as he comprehends the situation. 

"Dammit, Brad I thought we established that I will only sleep with you if I'm drunk and lonely," I joke, "I wasn't even wearing protection. You're pregnant now."

He laughs and plays along, "sorry, I couldn't help myself so I roofied you, my bad. I'm naming our child Carlos."

"One day someone is gonna see us together and think we're actually really fucking gay so no girls are ever gonna like us. So we're going to actually have to be gay for each other." 

He laughs at my stupid joke then looks at the time. "Wow, fucking idiot, we wasted the entire day sleeping with each other."

5:53 pm. Damn that was a solid 3 hours. 

"It was more like unintentional napping and coexisting in the same bed," I correct him.

                                            -----------

Night hit again and I can't sleep. I don't know if it's because I slept most of the day or if it's because I finally got a taste of what it's like to sleep with someone at your side... As gay as it was.

Damn I'm really starting to question my sexuality. Nah, I'm straight. Right? Yes. I like girls. And girls only. Opposite gender is a must for a partner. Right?

Speaking of which, I still gotta go talk to Sheila and maybe... Maybe ask her out on a date; like maybe a movie or go to eat out and hope I don't have a mental breakdown because food freaks me out. Tomorrow, maybe.

What if she doesn't actually like me though. You know, maybe she just felt bad for me and since I started leaning in she didn't want to hurt my feelings so she went for it too.