Ch. 24

She decided to give the good news to Draco in person, sending him a quick note to him that afternoon asking if she could stop by after work. After his excited response, she waited somewhat impatiently for the end of the work day to come and tried to distract herself with her work in the meantime.

Harry knocked on her door a couple of hours later with a large grin on his face. "I heard someone may have gotten some good news."

Hermione laughed slightly and nodded. "He finally signed the papers."

"I told you we'd figure it out," Harry said smugly as he stepped into her office with his hands in his pockets.

"I know, I know." She smiled up at him and then gave him a confused look. "What's that look for?"

He simply shrugged and said, "I may have another surprise for you."

"What?"

Ginny then popped her head around the corner with a grin. "Hi stranger!"

Hermione immediately squealed with delight and jumped up from her desk, rushing over to embrace her friend. "Gin! Oh my god, you've been gone for two weeks!"

Ginny laughed as she hugged Hermione back tightly. "I know! The matches in America were all condensed because MACUSA's been tightening their security, so Gwenog decided to just stay in America for all of our matches!"

Pulling away from Ginny, Hermione squeezed her arms and said, "I have so much to catch you up on, Merlin I don't even know where to begin!"

"Don't worry, we'll have a girls' night here very soon at your cabin," Ginny said happily.

Hermione then looked between the two of them as she asked, "Wait, what are you two doing together?"

"We're taking our divorce papers to the Wizengamot," Harry explained. "Because Ginny's been out of the country, we haven't been able to finalize everything yet between us."

"I came by to Harry's office to get it taken care of and he wanted to surprise you since I just got back today," Ginny said.

Hermione smiled at them both and said, "I'm honestly so happy you guys are still friends after everything."

"It's honestly the best way that this could've turned out," Ginny said. "We both came to the conclusion that while we will always love and be there for each other, it's more as friends than anything else, and that works for us."

"That's fantastic!"

Harry moved closer and gave Hermione a side hug before saying, "Alright, our appointments in ten minutes so we better get going."

Hermione hugged him back and gave Ginny another tight hug before they both left her office and she went back to her desk. She was so happy that the two of them were still amicable with each other even though they were going through a divorce, and it made things a little easier knowing that she wouldn't have to choose sides in that situation.

After glancing down at her own divorce papers, she paused and wondered if she and Ron could ever get to that point of being friends again. Maybe after she had stopped hurting, possibly. Though the hurt was already starting to fade with the help of Draco being in her life. She couldn't forgive Ron for what he did but she could certainly move past it, especially considering the fact that he seemed to finally understand just how much it did hurt.

She shook her head then and pushed those thoughts aside, not wanting to deal with them at that moment and instead focusing on her work.

As five o'clock came around, she quickly packed her things up and locked her office before rushing down to the fireplaces and flooing to her home. After a quick change of clothes into something more comfortable she disapparated from her living room and landed just outside of Draco's manor.