Ch. 25

"Like bloody hell, you are!" Draco exclaimed.

Hermione raised an eyebrow at him. "Why not?"

"Because you could get hurt!" He said, gesturing towards her.

"Did you forget what line of work I'm in?" She asked calmly.

"Well...no, but..." He let out a frustrated groan and turned to walk a few steps before turning back around to face her. "I don't know what I would do if I accidentally hurt you."

"Draco, you're not going to accidentally hurt me and I will tell you why," She said, pushing off the desk and straightening up in front of him. "You're going to be in in your holding cell which I will cast a containment charm on specifically made to keep you in there."

"But-"

She held her hand up to immediately silence him. "Then, on the door to your cellar where you will be kept contained, I will have placed not only an Imperturbable charm but also a room-sealing spell similar to what Professor Snape had on his office door in fourth year."

"I-"

"If by the extremely slim chance you manage to somehow get past all of those, there will be a Caterwauling charm on the area so that I am notified immediately, and you will be so distracted by the wailing noises that I will be able to subdue you with not only a full body bind but also chains and ropes, considering a Stunning spell will have no effect on you," She stated firmly. "By then, any Aurors that I have notified, which will most likely just be Harry, will have joined me and they will be able to help subdue you if needed, and you will be transported to a holding cell in the Ministry where I can assure you that you will not be able to breach the door and get out."

Both Draco and Blaise were staring at her quietly while she firmly held Draco's gaze. Even though she was a few inches shorter than him, Draco was still absolutely intimidated by her.

He finally looked down at the floor, stuffing his hands in his pockets and sighing in defeat. "I suppose that could all work..."

"You sound like you've had this planned out for a while," Blaise said slowly, tilting his head as he looked at Hermione.

"Do you really think I'd still be alive in this line of work without a proper containment plan for my clients?" She asked, looking over at him. "He's not the first one to forget a potion, and he won't be the last."

"Fair point."

"Are you sure that will all work, though?" Draco asked worriedly.

Hermione stared at him for a moment before reaching over to snatch the still rolled-up Prophet from Blaise's hand and proceeded to smack Draco quickly over the head with it.

"Oh not you too!" He snapped.

"I like her," Blaise grinned.

"Draco Malfoy, don't you ever doubt my abilities again!" She said in a chastising tone.

He rubbed his head again before giving her a sheepish look. "Sorry, love."

Her face instantly flushed and Blaise's jaw dropped as he looked between the two of them. "Well this is certainly progressing quickly."

"It's just a pet name, Blaise," Draco said, rolling his eyes.

Blaise paused for a moment before a grin spread across his face. "Shouldn't she be the one giving you the pet name in this situation?"

Hermione snorted while Draco scowled and said, "That was a bit of a stretch, mate."

"I suppose it was a bit ruff," Blaise laughed.