Ch. 43

"I really love the idea of proposing at the gala, but don't you think that's a little too public for Ginny?"

Blaise paced back and forth in front of Hermione's desk as she watched him amusedly, leaning against the desk with her arms crossed.

"Honestly, I think she won't mind in the moment," Hermione said with a shrug. "I think she'll be too busy being overjoyed that you proposed."

He tilted his head back and forth as he rubbed his chin worriedly. "Maybe...I just want to do everything right."

Hermione smiled at this but shook her head. "I know, but this is the sort of thing where overthinking it can actually backfire."

"I wouldn't know, I've never proposed before," Blaise laughed nervously.

"You know..." She pushed herself off the desk and looked at him. "You don't need to do it in the middle of the gala. I'm sure the Malfoys have an outdoor terrace or maybe you can even take her to the gardens. That way you'd still propose at the gala but it won't be too public."

Blaise paused at this and blinked. "I didn't think about that. That's a really good idea!"

She smiled and laughed slightly. "Happy to help!"

"I just wish I knew which situation she would prefer..." He sighed unhappily and looked up at the ceiling with a small groan. "Maybe I should wait."

"Why don't I talk to her and try to get some more information out of her?" Hermione offered.

"That can work," Blaise said before frowning. "Wouldn't that be a little obvious though?"

She shrugged. "Not really. We talk about things like that a lot."

"Really?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Actually yeah," She laughed. "When we go to my cabin and drink, we talk about a lot of different things."

Blaise hummed slightly while resuming his pacing, putting his hands in his pockets. "It's just nerve-wracking, you know? Finally proposing and then getting married to the love of my life. There was a time where I never thought this would happen, and now it is."

Hermione smiled widely. "It's exciting to think about though, isn't it?"

"Of course!" He smiled as well. "Ginny's the only woman I've ever thought about settling down with. I just want to make sure that everything is perfect because she deserves that."

"That's so sweet," Hermione squealed slightly. "Well, let me talk to Ginny and then I can report back to you with more information so that you can plan accordingly. We've still got over a month to plan this out so we'll be able to make this the perfect proposal."

Blaise stopped and turned to face her, smiling happily. "You really are a wonderful friend, Hermione. I can't tell you how much I appreciate this."

"Think nothing of it," Hermione said with a wave of her hand as she returned his smile. "You two absolutely deserve each other and I'm so happy to be able to help with this."

His smile widened. "Now I need to find a way to return the favor."

She laughed loudly and waved her hand. "No, you don't need to do anything! Just don't give me any reason to hex you and we'll be good!"

"Well at least be expecting a nice bottle of wine to be delivered within the next week," He said as he grabbed his coat from the back of the chair. "It's the least I can do for you helping me."

"You know I won't turn that down," She said. "But you really don't need to get me anything else in return; like I said, I'm happy to help with this. You both are my friends and I want to see you two happy."