Ch. 29

Ginny stretched slightly, smiling as she felt an arm tighten around her.

"Good morning," Blaise said in a sleepy voice.

She rolled over to face him and nuzzled her nose against his. "Good morning."

He hummed happily and pulled her against him with a sigh. "Do you have to go to practice today?"

With a small laugh she said, "Yes, I do; today's a heavy practice."

"There's nothing I can do to convince you to stay in bed with me?"

"If I could, I would," She said, giving him a kiss before reluctantly sliding out from underneath his arms and heading towards the bedroom door. "I'm going to go put some coffee on."

He propped himself up on his elbow and sighed, smiling at her. "I still can't believe you're living with me."

She leaned against the door frame and smiled back at him. "I know. After all these years, I never imagined this would have actually happened."

"Really? I imagined it all the time."

Ginny laughed. "I mean I didn't know we'd actually be here. I hoped for it every day, and now it's surreal that it's actually happening. And it's been so easy too."

"Did you think it wouldn't be?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No, but I just wasn't expecting it to be this easy," She said. "I mean, it took me forever to get used to living with Harry. Transitioning to living with you has been wonderful; it's like I've been doing it for years."

He smiled. "Hopefully you will be."

"Well I don't know about you, but I plan on staying for a little while," She laughed before turning around and leaving the room.

"Good, because I wasn't planning on letting you leave!"

She laughed again from down the hallway and he grinned to himself as he got out of the bed and made his way into the bathroom.

After taking a quick shower and putting on his clothes for the day, he made his way down the stairs towards the kitchen, adjusting his waistcoat.

"Sweetheart, did you put the coffee-"

He paused in the doorway when he saw her sitting at the table with her head in her hands. There was an open letter sitting in front of her and the Prophet on the table next to it, and while her face wasn't visible, he could see her shoulders shaking slightly.

"Ginny?" He took a few steps inside the kitchen and then quickened his pace when he heard her sniffling. "What's wrong?"

She didn't answer when he stopped next to her and put a hand on her back. Movement caught his eye and he looked down to see a picture of their dinner date from the night before, his skin growing cold at the sight of it. It was very obvious in the picture that they were together as she was clearly leaning against him and his arm was around her while they both laughed at something that Draco was saying. Draco and Hermione were holding hands as well, however Ginny and Blaise were definitely the focal point of the photo.

The headline didn't exactly help either: 

June 19th, 2003

Newly Divorced Harpies Chaser Already Living with New Beau?!

"Mum read the article..." Ginny managed to say finally, wiping her cheeks and bringing her head up as she offered the letter to him.

He took it and his mouth formed a thin line as he read the handwriting.