Ch. 41

The living room was absolutely silent. Ginny stared at her parents who stared back in shock, before looking back at Hermione.

Hermione nodded towards her patio door and quietly said, "There's some couches and a table out there, and I've also put a warming charm so it won't be cold. Why don't you three go talk?"

Ginny's mouth dropped slightly but Arthur stood up with a nod. "I think that's a wonderful idea."

He looked back at his wife and held out a hand to her, which she took with absolutely no expression on her face, but Ginny saw her mother glance back towards the kitchen where Blaise was standing quietly in the doorway. Ginny looked back at him worriedly and he only nodded, giving her a small, reassuring smile.

She didn't return it, instead looking back to her parents as Arthur opened the patio door and gestured for Molly to walk out first, and then for Ginny to go. Once the door shut behind the three of them, everyone seemed to have relaxed and the conversation slowly started up again.

Blaise looked over to Hermione, noticing that she was casting some sort of spell on the patio door after it had shut. "What are you doing?"

"Silencing charm," She answered simply. "Thought they would need some privacy."

He raised an eyebrow suspiciously then and asked, "You planned this all on purpose, didn't you?"

Hermione simply shrugged with a small smile before asking loudly, "Anyone need a refill?"

Ginny rather liked Hermione's patio; she hadn't been outside very often as up until recently Hermione didn't have much in the way of patio furniture but the cream-colored couches and wooden coffee table went beautifully together.

Her parents sat on one couch and she sat on the opposite, awkwardly avoiding their eyes as she took a long drink from her glass. Her mother seemed just as uncomfortable as she took a sip from her own glass and looked out to the lawn.

Arthur, however, looked between the two of them and frowned. "Are you two really going to ignore each other after having not seen each other in nearly half a year?"

Molly looked back at him in shock but Ginny said in a frustrated tone, "Last time I checked, I wasn't welcomed back in the house according to her. And she's clearly wanted to talk this entire time based on the numerous letters I've received from her."

The bitterness in her voice was very clear, and Arthur sighed as he looked at his daughter. "Ginny, please."

"No, I did nothing wrong!" Ginny exclaimed angrily.

"I know you didn't, dear," He said calmly. "But you have to realize how jarring it was for us to see that you were already with another wizard not even a week after your divorce, and from the paper no less!"

"You wouldn't have understood if I had told you in person, and it wasn't like I was never going to tell you," Ginny said. "I was going to give it some time, let the divorce blow over, and then tell you about Blaise."

"Why do you think we wouldn't have understood?" He asked sadly.

"You saw mum's reaction," Ginny said, gesturing towards her mother who sat there silently. "She called him a pureblood elitist."

"Because at the time, I was under the impression that he was," Molly said finally in a defensive tone.

"Yeah well you did a good job of checking whether or not it was true," Ginny retorted. "You pulled this exact same thing with Bill and Fleur; am I going to have to be gravely injured too for you to see just how good of a person Blaise is?"