Chapter 2

Changes in our self

I am or will be officially a 13 year old and is finally entering a junior middle school.

And of course, so was Wei Xiu.

I honestly can't think of my future experiences that I could have with him, but I sure do know that it won't be good.

I could probably cry or be hurt, a lot.

Well, they say expect the unexpected.

My mom is a good cook, she always cook foods that are top notch and that's why it is so hard to not become addicted to her food.

My father is a white collared worker in a company that is doing pretty well, after all, there's a lot of companies outside.

Mom came and arranged my hair "Ying-ying, you better be good okay? Don't make trouble and always listen to Wei Xiu" she said then she tightened my hair tie.

"Mom! I'm not a child anymore! I'll be turning thirteen next month!" I said, upset about her words that definitely indicates that she doesn't trust me.

Not even a bit.

"Yes you'll be an adult" she cooed to me treating me like I was still 5.

"Mom!"

"Shh! Just trust me, your mother. I'm your mom for a reason okay?" She said then kissed my forehead.

I went downstairs with a slight jump, excited about my first day to junior middle school.

"How do I look dad?" I said, twirling around him as I gave a bright smile.

"You look like a princess" dad said and I jump into his arms.

"Thanks Dad!"

Sue me, I'm a daddy's girl.

Mom handed me my lunch box and my money, still lecturing me about, literally everything.

"Bye Mom, bye dad! Love you both!" I shouted as I hopped towards my bike.

Looking through the sky above, I prayed to myself to not fail my first day because it would really wreck my whole experience in junior high. I was about to pedal on my bike when a shadow suddenly looked passed on my vision and a hand sealed my sight.

"Guess who I am?" His voice was low, languidly stating the words.

My heart beat so fast and my hands were clenched in a tight fist. I was sweating and his warmth on my back was making me perspire in sweat.

"Wei Xiu!" I shouted as I stepped on his foot.

"Oww! Do you really have to do that Ying?"

The guy behind me stated, his hair created a beautiful mess, face slightly flushed from heat and his peach blossom eyes were twinkling against the bright sun.

"Hello to you too Wei Xiu" smirking, I pedal my bike and leave him behind.

Wei Xiu - 0
Liu Ying - 1