Chapter 44

Guess I'm still a child huh?

After sniffling and sneezing on Wei Xiu's sweater, I finally felt a bit refreshed. My downcast mood from earlier vanished and I grew a bit tired.

Looking at my right, I saw Wei Xiu standing just a few steps away from me. My head was debating whether I should ask for his opinion or not.

I still think that he'll try to make fun of me if I did, but ah! Whatever! Let's just get this over!

"Wei Xiu" I quietly said, his gaze turned to me and for a second, I think I saw concern on them but denied it right away.

If he's concerned that I cried, why didn't he even comfort me and instead left me to cry with his sweater hanging on my face?

This guy, I gave him the stink eye then avoided his eyes so that he won't see it.

"What?" He softly asked then sat on the bench I'm seating in.

We're currently on the park, the sun will be gone soon and I sat there with my eyes red and puffy. I can't let my parents see my state or else they'll think I was bullied- well, I highly doubt that.

My mother knew how much of a bully I am to Wei Xiu, I couldn't possibly let myself suffer and endure.

Then my name wouldn't be Xia Liu Ying then!

Still, I don't want them to worry and ask, it's my problem and I don't want for them to worry about it.

"I made my darling angry" I sulk, my head down as I clasped my hands.

He knew who I was talking about, I love to call Aifen as my darling and he knew it. I think he was a bit irritated at the fact that I can call Aifen my darling and he can't.

Ha! Serves him right!

"What did you do?"

I debated whether to tell him about Aifen's circumstances but I know he will figure it out so I decided to tell him what happened.

"You're obviously in the wrong" he said after I  finished telling him what happened.

"Why?!" I'm furious, how could he say that so easily?!

Is he bullying me?! I knew it! He won't give me proper advices I shouldn't have-

"Do you think it'll be solved by having a 'true' friend? No, it won't, it'll just make things worse" I gestured for him to continue since I'm interested at what he thinks, then he looked me in the eye and said. "She have us, she doesn't need an accomplice, she needs our strength and support for her"

Suddenly, I felt like my mind opened up. I still think like a child and my brain is still too immature for me to think of better solutions. With that thought, I felt horrible.

What would I do if someone that is close to me, told me to go and find a new friend without considering her feelings about it. I think I'll get mad.

And yes, I really am in the wrong here.

"But I just wanted to-"

"I know you want what's best for her. It's just that you didn't think of her feelings. She's shy, a bit timid with strangers but she'll come around. Girls are...well...complicated. She'll get through it with our support and a bit of help. She still needs to do it herself though"

I looked at Wei Xiu's eyes, for a minute, under the sky filled with ablazed fire. Then suddenly, I clasped my hands on his face and squeeze it till his face became disfigured in my hold.

"Thanks!" I grinned, my eyes curved as I looked at his now flushing face.

He took my hands off of his face and cleared his throat before standing up abruptly making me blink profusely.

"Let's g-go now" he said, his voice is unbelievably low compared to before but I didn't divulge on it further.

Skipping steps as I walked behind him, I felt like he's a bit tolerable compared to before, but still annoying.

Hmph! I'm still not forgiving him though!

...

Wei Xiu on the other hand was flushed red, his ears are beet red as his body raged on fire. He felt like he was in a sea of flames at that time, to see her smile.

Gods! How lucky he was!

To see her smile like that, her curved eyes filled with delight sparkled like gems. Lips dyed in natural pink as she grinned with obvious glee.

What more, she smiled towards him.

She smiled because of him.

And that was the moment that he fell in love with her more.

To see her smile, it was the best day for him. Like a flower being graced with the gentle warmth from the sun. To see her tears, it was the worse for him. It felt like someone squeezed his heart and left it to bleed.

She is everything to him.

But he know that he's just a friend- maybe not, more likely an enemy in her eyes. Even so, she will be the person that will make her happy, that won't make her sad and will trade anything just to see her smile.

He's in love with her, and he thinks it's time for her to see it.

No more fears, no more backing out, he will do everything for her to realize his feelings for her. If not, he'll tell her straightly, if it didn't work out, he'll try.

He'll try until it works.

***
Hi people!!! Thank you so much for the votes and the comments!

Happy freaking 1k reads! Ahh! Finally! Thank you so much for this people! Thank you!!!

Anyways, stay safe as always!

Please do VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.

Thank you!