Chapter 21

The Playboy and the Hater

It didn't take long for us to reach Uncle Tao's barbecue place and instantly, I can smell the meat flowing through the air I breathe as I sniffed it greedily.

I've haven't eat meat since my period, now's the time to get revenge!

"Come on!" I almost run towards Uncle Tao, my face seems to be the look of a person who has starved for a couple of years.

I greedily look at the meat, their juices dripping down the coal as the smoke created a meaty scent, I can almost eat it if we're not for someone grabbing me.

"Don't go near the barbecue stand" it was Wei Xiu, his eyes are a bit stern as if he disapproved of my action.

"I'm just too hungry" I grin foolishly at him as he drag me towards the diner and made me sit there.

"Oh, you're here again Little Ying, the same order?" Uncle Tao said as he smile fondly at us. He seem to know my taste, well I've been going here for a long time so it won't be such a shocker that Uncle Tao knew my food preferences.

"Oh, can you add another 10 skewers? I've been too deprived of them" I pitifully said while Uncle Tao laughed along my line.

"Can, can"

The five of us waited, I didn't even listen to their conversation but instead I would always look behind me, watching if our orders have already cooked.

"Liu Ying, you need to stop looking behind you, the food won't cook that easily" Feng Mian said while I smiled sheepishly at her.

"Feng Mian's right, I think it'll take about 10 minutes to cook furthermore we ordered a lot" Aifen said and I finally took my eyes off the door and conversed with them.

"Oh, how's your test score Aifen?" I ask her, she seems to shy away and blushed while meekly saying.

"I got a f-full marks at literature"

"That's good!" I clapped at her while she smile at my short but direct praise.

"H-How about you W-Wei Xiu?" Aifen asked, her eyes held Wei Xiu and without a doubt, a blush crept out on her face making her look like a ripe tomato.

"It's good" short and direct, seriously, he always show that serious face in front of someone he's not close with.

"What do you mean good? You got full marks on everything besides literature" Ming Chen chimed in while he lazily grinned at Wei Xiu.

Of course, he was gifted with a glare, but he didn't even back down and continued to smile. Wei Xiu doesn't like people to comment on his academic scores except when were alone.

He always act haughty in front of me and is always boasting his score to me any time of the day. I bet all my fingers that he'll show it to my mother and then I'll be scolded again.

Sly fox!

"Wow! T-That's awesome!" Aifen said with a face full of awe and pride.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Wei Xiu is really a feast in someone's eyes. He look like a broccoli to me.

And I hate broccoli.

"How about you Feng-er?" Instantly, Feng Mian bristled in anger as she slapped Ming Chen's advancing claw on her.

Of course, Ming Chen is a very persuasive person and didn't back down from the continuous glare from Feng Mian.

"I did good now stop annoying me" his smile almost reached his ear after receiving an answer.

Seriously, can there be a day where these two won't fight? I doubt it, I've been with Wei Xiu all my life and there's not a day where I wasn't bullied by him.

"It's here!"

My nose is particularly sensitive when it comes to food and right now, all of my five senses are open and has now seen my meat.

My meat!

Looking at the delicious meat in front of me, I think I looked like some drooling fool but who am I to care? There's meat in front of me!

Meat! Here I come!

After finishing our lovely meal, all of us took different train stations and waved ourselves goodbye.

Finally! I have eaten meat again!

...

A few hours ago...

Feng Mian knew that her parents would be dissapointed again after all, her scores haven't increased and stayed the same.

She love to draw since she was a kid, but her parents didn't want her to be an artist thinking that it won't let her have an easy life.

An artist isn't an easy job, her parents also don't think that she'll earn enough money for herself. Her parents aren't bad people, they love her but they just can't accept her passion.

She knows that her parents just want the best for her. That being an artist would give her happiness but not enough to support even her stomach.

But she can't just give up.

She wants to try.

Just once, she wanted to try the thing that she loves the most.

"Why is my lovely Feng-er sits here all alone?"

She was startled at the voice but then turned her back away. It's Ming Chen, her archenemy. Her brother is the same as this guy, a womanizer and because of that, she's always plagued with headaches.

Her parents can't control their son and can only warn him to not have a child in an early age if he's still this irresponsible.

She's her parents only hope and has now losen hope towards their son.

"Aww, my Feng-er why are you avoiding me?" She snapped, she's angry that this guy is ruining her day more.

"Stop doing this! I know that I'm just a conquest for your little game but I want no part on it! So stop this little game of yours or I'll really bash your head for you to clear your mind!"

Ming Chen looked taken aback at her words which made her smile a little. So this guy can also feel shocked, huh?

Then all of a sudden, he was already in front of her. He leaned too close that she was too shocked to move and then he whispered into her ears.

"I'm not playing"

***
Hi people! What do you think at Feng Mian and Ming Chen's lovely moment? Or is it? Aren't they like cats and dogs?

But Wei Xiu and Liu Ying is different, Wei Xiu is more of like a black bellied guy who obviously dotes on Liu Ying while she on the other hand is clueless.

Anyways, I hope you like this chapter! Thank you for all the votes and reads!!! Stay safe as always!

Please do VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.

Thank you!