Giant Nerds (Wolfstar)

In sixth year, Sirius started tutoring Remus because they were both giant nerds. Sirius was obviously the guy that never studied and never paid attention but still aced all his classes. So basically Sirius was just a giant nerd. Because he was not only a nerd but a nerd in love, Sirius would tutor Remus all the time. What with the full moons, drowsiness, stress, sleep deprivation, physical aches, and anxiety Remus got worn out super easily.

Remus tried super hard to take notes and pay attention in class but sometimes he just couldn't. So whenever Remus didn't have the energy to go to class or pay close attention Sirius would fill in for him, no matter how much he dreaded the class, because he cared about Remus and therefore Sirius cared about school.

One day in early October Remus had to skip Defense Against the Dark Arts because he needed to sleep in after a particularly brutal transformation. Sirius tried extra hard to create detailed notes and memorize the entire lesson plan to repeat to Remus. James and Peter barely paid attention and were kind of pissed that Sirius wasn't kidding around with them in the back. But honestly, Sirius was too caught up in hoping nothing he wrote down was below Remus' note taking quality.

After class Sirius brought Remus onto the grounds near the lake to review the lesson. At first Remus paid attention to Sirius teach, enthralled at how easy it was for Sirius to explain even the hardest to grasp concepts effortlessly so Remus would understand. Remus found himself observing how smart and clever and intellectual Sirius was.

As Remus just stared at Sirus as he blabbed on about patronuses and their personal corporeal forms, Remus really began to wonder why this slack-off, lazy genius cared enough about him to actually pay attention in class, one of Sirius' most despised places. Suddenly Remus is now the one not paying attention to his one-on-one tutoring session because Sirius is just so generous and kind and caring and Remus cannot get over this fact once it really hits him.

Soon enough Sirius catches Remus staring at him blankly and snaps his fingers in confusion. "Moony? You listening?" Remus just stares at Sirius' eyes, suddenly seeing the understanding, invested, and soft side of Sirius he had rarely seen before.

Soon enough the mask was thrown away and Remus knew that Sirius was not just a beater and a prankster and a class favorite but he was a giant, caring, loveable nerd with a knack for Defense Against the Dark Arts and teaching. So Remus just kind of pounces on Sirius' lap and kisses him full on the lips because "Padfoot you are such a nerd, a big, giant, hot nerd."

Of course Sirius is surprised because he came here to talk about glowing, non-coropreal animals, not get snogged by Remus Lupin the cute,  intelligent boy he had had a crush on for two years.

Remus became so elated that he was kissing Sirius' soft, wonderful lips, he had enough happiness to summon over a hundred nerdy black dogs.

(And from that day forward Sirius vowed to never shut up about how cute it was that Remus' patronus ended up being his animagus form, and thus, their nerdy banter continued.)