Divorce (Wolfstar) by: me

Sirius and Remus hadn't had an actual conversation since the breakup two months ago. That is until Remus came downstairs one summer night to see Sirius' boots on the floor and his mother putting blankets and pillows on the couch.

"Mum why is Sirius' boots here?"

"Because the rest of him is in the bathroom putting pyjamas on." Hope said as she finished putting the pillows on the bed.

"Why is he here?" Remus said tensely.

Hope turned to her son with a solemn look. "His parents are splitting. He's a mess and I told him he can stay here." Remus blinked at this, everyone knew Sirius hated his parents so why was he so upset?

Sirius came out of the bathroom and froze for a second at the sight of Remus.

"Thanks for letting me stay Mrs. Lupin." Sirius said as Hope walked up to him.

"Of course Sirius. You're welcome anytime." Hope paused. "Goodnight boys."

"Goodnight Mrs. Lupin."

"Night mum."

Sirius glanced at Remus then walked over and sat on the couch. Remus followed and sat down as well.

"Er my mum said your parents were splitting? I thought you wouldn't care seeing as you hate them..."

Sirius looked up at Remus. "I don't know. It's just...so much change. Just because they're terrible doesn't mean I don't love them. They're my parents, they're the only ones I got..." Sirius paused and wiped his eyes with his sleeve. "I'm sorry for showing up here but James is on vacation and Pete is visiting family out of the country. I didn't know where else to go Re..."

Remus' eye twitched at hearing Sirius call him Re again and he was upset he was the last one Sirius went to but he understood why. "It's alright. I'm sorry about your parents. I hope you're gonna be okay."

"Yeah thanks." Sirius said.

Remus stood up and Sirius followed suit.

"I'm gonna head up to bed."

"Er yeah." Sirius looked like he was fighting with himself about something.

The next second Remus found himself being hugged by Sirius. It felt like Sirius was holding on as if he was drowning and Remus was a life preserver. Remus hugged Sirius back just as tight, if not tighter. Remus missed this, he missed Sirius. They stayed like that for a while before Sirius let go. Remus noticed his eyes were red and realized Sirius had been crying into his shoulder.

"Thanks Re." Sirius said quietly, wiping his eyes again.

"Anytime Pads." Remus mumbled and headed upstairs to bed.

This was heavily inspired by a scene in High School Musical The Musical The Series (good grief why that name). I would actually suggest watching it. The show surprised me.