DuckTales

Hey...Okay, I know you guys are mad right now but, just...ugh, I don't even know what to say.
     Enjoy:)
     -Les❤️

      Enjoy:)     -Les❤️

"Xander." I looked at him standing outside, "Why are you here?"

He scratched the back of his neck, "Hey, June. Let's talk."

I remembered the last time he was here to...talk. I forced that memory to the back of my files in my mind.

"Listen," Xander started, "What I did was so absolutely wrong. Maybe I'm wrong again but, I think there's still something here."

I acted like I didn't know what he was hinting, "What's here?"

"Us," He urged, "Us."

Xander smiled and took my hand. I took it back and he sighed.

He shook his head, "I still love you, June. I think maybe...it was fate that you and Henry didn't work out-"

"You know what's fate?" I snapped, "The fact that you cheated on me. The fact that you claim that I was the one who ruined this-"

"Don't put words in my mouth." Xander closed his eyes.

I became silent, not willing to fight back.

"June," He started softly, "He's not coming back. You need to face that and move on. Move on because I'm waiting. I miss you, what we had was real. Realer than whatever you're fantasizing right now."

A tear slipped out of my eye, "You just don't get it, do you?"

Xander furrowed his eyebrows.

I tried not to cry any more, "I love him. I did love you, Xander. You were so important to me. As we got older, we drifted. That's no one's fault."

I shook my head and held his hand, "If Henry comes back or not...that doesn't change the fact that I will always love him. He's everything to me. I wish you could just be happy."

Xander looked at our hands.

I hugged him tightly, "I love you, Xander. But, not in that way. Please...just let me go."

Pulling back, I saw tears well up in his eyes, "You love me?"

I nodded, smiling, "But, I think you'd be great as a big brother instead."

He smiled, "I guess I have been selfish. I'm sorry...it's because you were my first love. You remind me of-"

"The playground and your dad's burnt Mac and Cheese."