Journey (PART I)

Heya! Listen, I think you'll be happy considering you haven't actually seen this person for a few chapters...
   Enjoy:)
   -Les❤️

I can't do it, I can't do it, I can't do it-

I huffed and sank down in my desk.

I went to go stand up and slumped down again.

"Henry," I whisper yelled, "Remember who you're doing this for!"

Reluctantly, I played the part over and over again, something I've been doing ever since I saw it.

My computer showed Summers, on her bed, her eyes looking as dull and lifeless as I've ever seen them.

"Hi...I miss you already. Terribly. I cried so much in the last couple of hours."

She paused, not willing to hold back the fast tears anymore, "Can't you talk to them? Whoever is in charge? Or at least send me a sign you're listening. I need a sign to show that...that you're still there."

I took a deep breath, "I'm comin' for ya, Summers."

Without thinking, I barged into Johnset's office. As you recall, my...so lovely boss.

He glared at me from his desk.

I stood there. Our eyes both wide and expectantly for someone to start talking.

"Well," Johnset motioned with his hands, "If your just gonna knock my door down you have to tell me why you did it."

I looked around, "Oh...right."

He closed his high tech laptop and folded his hands.

C'mon Henry, this better be good. Make him think you are the best Angel he's ever worked with-

"I need to go back down to Earth."

Well, I guess that works, too.

Johnset chuckled, "What is this? Do I look like a Pilot to you?"

"Well," I started, "You do have the machine that requires me to go down there."

Another awkward silence..

"Why?" He finally said.

"When I went down there, I made a really deep...connection with someone. I know this is where I belong but, I can't leave her."

"You don't have to explain yourself. The crew and I watched every night. Pretty interesting stuff, if I do say so myself."

"You what?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

Johnset waved his hand, "Beside the point. Let's see...I'm feeling nice today. My wife said she wanted to take me out so, let's make a deal. I'll bring a random worker in and we'll let that person decide."