Part nineteen

Jameel looked at his dad, as to what to do. Jameels dad went up to Aaliyah and said "leave my son alone. He's going to the city to start a new life, and you are getting married tonight. Your destinies are separate. Now, please leave him alone." "Our destinies have been one for ages. Here's the proof." Aaliyah handed Jameels dad a book, which she had found in the room which Safdar had locked her in. There were pictures of Aaliyah and Jameel in them. Aaliyah had realised Safdar had been stalking her and Jameel.

Jameels dad beckoned him over, and Jameel stared shocked at the pictures. Aaliyah narrated their love story to him. "Please believe me Jameel, I'm your Aaliyah, only yours." Chammi wheeled herself over to Jameel, and told jameel, Aaliyah was telling the truth and it was partly her fault, that she and Safdar had separated them, in their past lives. Jameel stared at the pictures and walked away.

Suddenly, all the memories came rushing back to him. He remembered how Aaliyah had begged Safdar to spare him, but Safdar had shot him. He remembered Aaliyah's scream as he fell to the ground. He turned around and said "Aaliyah." Aaliyah looked at him, knowing he had remembered, because he was using the soft voice he only used for her. She ran straight into his arms. Chammi wept with relief.

Suddenly, Safdar and his men appeared. Chammi yelled "get out of here, I'll keep them busy. Jameel grabbed Aaliyah's hand, and both ran and jumped onto the train. Chammi approached Safdar and told him to let them go. Safdar was having none of it and tried to pursue them. Chammi wouldn't let him, and during the argument, Safdars gun went off and shot chammi. Safdar was aghast. What had he done?