Chapter Ten

When Ryder got into my car I honestly thought he was going to stay silent until we reach our destination. On the contrary, he wouldn't stop groaning about my music taste and asking multiple questions about the job offer that I am taking him to.

"Would just shut up already", I say in a frustratedly manner.

"Your music taste sucks", he groans some more.

"Fine then!", I close the radio and have about five minutes of silence before he speaks again.

"What is this job offer that you're taking me to?"

"I don't know, I was passing by the shop and saw a job opening flyer posted on its walls."

"Why do you take your car to that crappy musty old place?"

"They do a decent job and it's within my budget."

"Are we there yet?", he whines like a child.

"I'm so close to pulling over and dropping you on the side of the road if you don't shut up."

"Someone's uptight today", he rolls his eyes.

I pull over to the side of the road and hit the brakes.

"Ow! What was that for?!", he rubs the back of his head.

"Get out", I say without looking at him, "get out now!"

"Raine relax."

"Don't call me that", I shoot him a glare.

"I'll shut up just keep driving", he motions his hands forwards.

I sigh and continue driving to the car repair shop. We finally reach which makes Ryder basically jump up and down in his seat.

"Go on", I say.

"You're coming with me you know that right", he says it more as a fact than a statement.

"Yeah no that's not going to happen", I shake my head.

"I'm sure once I step out of this car you're going to drive off without me, am I right?"

"You're not wrong", I give him a sarcastic grin.

"Funny, now come on", he leaves and stands next to the door without closing it. I roll my eyes and refuse to go with him.

"We haven't got all day come on", he ducks down and says into the car, "the faster you come the faster you get rid of me", he smirks.

"Fine", I sigh in defeat and get out of the car.

This was the first car shop I came upon for my car. The service was really good but it was way too expensive for me, which probably means that it pays well.

"How did you find this place?", he looks surprised.

"Might I dare say you actually like this place that I found", I emphasize on "I".

"Cocky isn't a good look on you."

"I was not being cocky", I shove him.

The place is full of unique and old classic cars. They need the best care and this is the best one in town. As we make our way straight to the shop we can see cars all around us getting repaired. Red looks like their signature color, the uniforms are in red and so is the interior of the shop. It's definitely a step up from the one I go to. It's much cleaner and neater. There are leather chairs in the waiting area, pictures of very famous cars with car racers framed on the wall, and a very big spotless white admin desk.