CHAPTER 7

Edited Aug 25, 2019_________________________

Edited Aug 25, 2019
_________________________

ROSIE POV:

Walking into my workplace this early morning so that I could get a head start on my day.

I had a lot of things to do today and one of them being was to set up a meeting with my co-worker about my divorce.

There was a lot of work that needed to be done.

First, before this divorce could go throw, I needed to get a separation paper drawn up.

I wished that I could have been my own lawyer but unfortunately, I couldn't represent myself, I had to ask my fellow co-worker named Henry to draw up the paperwork for me.

When I had told him what had happened to me on the weekend over the phone he couldn't contain himself from laughter.

To him, this was all a big joke but to me this is was a nightmare.

Knock, Knock

"Come in," I said raising my voice for whoever was on the other side of the door to hear.

"Rosie, it's so good to see you or should I be calling you Mrs. Valentin for respect," Henry said walking into my office with a smug look on his face.

" Very funny Henry, you should have become a stand-up comedian instead of a lawyer, "

Rolling my eyes at him.

Henry sat down across from my desk not waiting for me to offer him a seat.

"I don't even know why you are filling out these divorce papers really, All you need to do is just live with this guy for about a week or so and he would be running for the hills not wanting to deal with your bitchiness." He joked one again.

Now I was running out of patience with this man I was not in the mood.

"Did you draw up my papers or did you just come in here to annoy me?"

"I came in here to annoy you but here ( he passed me a paper) this is your first set all drawn up for separation. It's too bad that you don't really know a lot about this man, We could have filled out his portion in the documents and wouldn't need him to do it him them."

"It's not much for him to fill out really, I'm not asking anything from him."

"Well let's hope he doesn't want you to pay him alimony each month." He started to laugh at that idea.

"Ha, ha," I said not liking his joke at all.

"Do you want me to send these out with our process server or do you want to do this your self?."

"No, I'll do it myself, I would feel too bad for our process server if he had to deal with Ace himself.".

"You might be right on that one Rosie. What I have heard about this man, he is not a good person at all."

" Henry I just want this over as quickly as possible, I can't afford any minute that passes by."

He looked at me strangely not sure what I meant by that.

All in truth I meant that if my dad gets any word that I got married even though I'm a grown woman who lives on her own, he would literally come here and demand me to go back home to Italy and marry a Suitor that he feels fit for me.

I never wanted a life like that, I wanted love.

Glancing down at the papers, Everything looked in order to me, so now I just need Ace to fill his part out and sign.

"Thanks, Henry, for doing me this favour.

I'm just going to get out of here now, how about we go out for drinks later on tonight?"

Grabbing my handbag off of my desk stuffing the paperwork into my bag.

I wanted to get these over to Aces bar and hand them to him personally.

"Ok sounds great and best of luck getting him to sign those."

"He was right I did need luck on my side right now."

___________________________

Hi 🤗

Short Chapter.

How are you liking the story so far?

Do you think Rosie should give Ace a chance or is it a good idea for her to divorce him?

Thanks for reading ❤

Please Vote & Share

719 WORDS