Gotta Blast

- ( N I N E ) -

Izzy's POV

As soon as school was over, Ryder offered me a ride home. I kissed his cheek goodbye before jumping out his truck and running up my porch steps. My dad wasn't home still, so I had the whole house to myself. Dylan was hanging out with Brianna today so I didn't have to worry about him either. Plus I wasn't ready to explain to him that me and his friend are going out on a date. Me and Dylan share most of our friends. But I've never dated any of our friends. I'm not really sure what I'd expect his reaction to be. Good or bad, I just wanted to focus on one thing. Getting ready for my date with the hot new kid.

I've made a promise to myself that I'd tell Dylan and the whole group about me and Ryder if things went well tonight. Being the good student that I am, I did all my homework before jumping in to the warm shower. While my hair was air drying, I picked out my outfit and then did my makeup. Like always, it was just some simple mascara, lip gloss, and light foundation. Plus winged eyeliner.

I chose not to get dressed until later since it was only 5 in the after noon. For about an hour, I just sat on my bed watching Grey's Anatomy. That was when Andrew begged me to play fortnite with him. The game wasn't horrible. It was actually fun with the right people. But I didn't really play it that much by choice.

After some struggling to leave the game without Andrew having a hissy fit, I got off my bum and started doing my hair. I didn't want to curl it or anything because it'd just become messy after all the roller coasters I planned to ride. So I just straightened it real quick before pulling on all my fresh and clean clothes.

Exactly on the dot, at 6:30PM, Ryder Stone came knocking on my door

Exactly on the dot, at 6:30PM, Ryder Stone came knocking on my door. For some reason my mind decided to become frantic for no apparent reason. Basically tripping over my own feet, I hurried up and grabbed my purse before sprinting down the hallway. Quickly checking myself in the mirror, I composed myself and then opened the door. "Hey." I greeted, opening the door fully to see Ryder standing right outside with a small single flower. It was a daisy, my favorite. "How did you know these were my favorite?" I asked, taking the flower he held out for me.

"Just a lucky guess." He shrugged, following me inside when I quickly placed the flower on the marvel table top. No reason to put a single flower in water. For some reason I didn't really buy what he said. "Okay, I might have asked Andrea."

"That's what I thought." I laughed, leaning back against the cabinets. "Wait, Andrea knows were going out tonight?"

"Ya, I hope you don't mind. She said she wouldn't tell anyone. Or should I have not believed her?"

"Andrea is my best friend . I'm sure she'd keep it to herself. Come on, I'm so excited!" I exclaimed happily, taking Ryder's big hand and dragging him out the house.

The ride to Great America was only half an hour. We spent it talking about our plans for the weekend. Ryder was busy all weekend which sucked. But he probably let had something important to do, so I didn't fuss over it. By the time we got to G.A the line was already really short. The park closed at 10:30. So we had about four hours and thirty minutes to eat, play games,and get on all the best rides. "Come on, this line isn't long." I told Ryder, trying to pull him towards the lines. It was hard though because he's super slow and way stronger than me. "Ryder, hurry up." I whined, using all the strength in my to tug on his arm.