She Has To Know

- ( T E N ) -

Ryder's POV

My foot pressed firmly down on the gas pedal, pushing the car to a dangerous speed. The cars besides me all pushed and scrapped besides me, doing their whatever they could to get ahead. But the adrenaline inside me wouldn't let it happen. As one last attempt to cross that finish line first, I swerve to the right and crash the car besides me out of the race. One good thing about illegal racing is that their aren't that many rules. "Ryder! You fucking psychopath!" Andrea yelled in the passenger's seat, holding on to her seat belt for life.

Ignoring her, I picked up my speed before finally crossing the finish line. Barely s few seconds before the racers besides me. I drift in to a circle and stop in the middle of the dusty dirt road. People outside the car cheered and yelled for me. "I hate you." Andrea groaned besides me, dropping her head on to her knees.

"The only reason I'm here is because I'm trying to stop you from getting killed. So a little thank you would be nice." I snapped, really not in the mood to listen to her whining. The girl I wanted besides me wasn't here. Instead she was probably planning my funeral. Or thinking about different ways to dismember my body and get rid of the evidence.

"You're right, I'm sorry. Thank you." Andrea sighed, looking guilty as she wrung it her hands. She looked sweaty but I couldn't tell if it was from the adrenaline of racing or something else.

"Are you fucking high again?!" I exclaimed angrily, watching as she jumped in her seat from my loud voice.

"N-no! What are you-"

"Andrea. I'm not stupid. I use to do the same shit you do. I'm missing out on a date with the girl I really like to help you out. So tell me the truth." I demanded, really not in the mood anymore. I was done with this crappy night.

It took her a few minutes of me glaring at her for her to spill. And when she did I swear I almost hit a girl for the first time. "I'm sorry! One of my friends gave me some of what they had. I couldn't help myself. I swear I'll stop. It's just so hard." She cried, tears falling out of her eyes quickly.

"I know, stop crying. Okay? It's okay." I said awkwardly, patting her back stiffly. "But this is the last time I'm helping you with this kinda shit. After this whole thing blows over, I'm taking you to rehab and getting you clean."

"What? No you can't. My dad is already about to kick me out the house. If he finds out I'm a fucking meth head, he'll definitely disown me!" She tried to reason.

"Don't worry about it. Just say you're going on a road trip. I'll pay for it out of pocket. He never really cares where you go." Before anything else could be said, someone knocked outside my window. "I'll be back." I sighed, getting out the car to leave Andrea alone and collect my money.

"Here you go. $3,500." The tall and built man said, handing me stacks of cash.

"Shit. That's it?" I groaned, taking the money.

"You could always just race some more. Or, are you good at fighting?" He asked me.

"Uhh, I guess?" I shrugged, thinking back to the time when I punched Ryan Phillips in the face and broke his nose.

"Here, tomorrow theirs a fight happening. It's underground so you can just come and sign up. The price is big money."

"How big are we talking about?" I asked curiously.

"If you win two fights tomorrow night the prize is $5,000. Then you qualify for the next round. If you win two fights then you get a cash prize of $10,000. Then the next week is the last round of the tournament. If you win you get a full $18,000."