β

The moon is barely visible when it's the time for Harry and Zayn's meeting. Unlike the first time Harry saw him, the sea isn't painting a beautiful picture of the moon's face. It's strangely peaceful, as if the whole world knew a God was supposed to ascend down to the land of mortals tonight.

Harry sits almost at the same spot as he did two nights ago. The evidence of Zayn's lightning is gone, the charred pebbles cleaned by last night's rain. Harry's palms are sweaty in anticipation, his heart beating like a battle drum. What if Zayn doesn't come? He could've found a new lover already, someone more beautiful than Harry, someone with an unadulterated soul. A lovely girl or a boy who would be virginal and also not hesitant to say yes to being a God's lover.

A few minutes after midnight, Harry sees a figure walking on his left out of the corner of his eye. He turns his head to see Zayn walking down the beach, a white chiton covering his impressive physique and golden sandals wrapped around his calves up to his knees. His black hair is framing his face, his exquisite beautiful face Harry couldn't get out of his head since the moment Zayn disappeared.

Harry can't fathom that Zayn is here, walking towards Harry with a hushed smile, as if they were already lovers, meeting under the moonlight to whisper sweet nothings into their ears and kiss until their lips ached. He doesn't think as he stands up from the ground and runs towards Zayn, grabbing his face between his palms and brazenly kissing him. Zayn reciprocates the kiss almost immediately, opening his mouth and teasing Harry's lips open with his tongue. They share a few moments of passionate kissing, their tongues meeting for the first time in a series of encounters. Zayn's face is soft under Harry's fingers, his hair silky to the touch when Harry gets his fingers wrapped in them. Zayn pulls Harry close, his arms around Harry's waist, their chests touching. Maybe it's just the passion, maybe it's because he's kissing a God but Harry has never felt like this when kissing someone. The burning want inside his chest, the way his mind just quiets down to complete silence, the only things his thoughts picking up being Zayn's lips and the way their bodies touching feels. It nearly stings Harry's heart when he finally pulls away from Zayn, Harry panting, his chest rising and falling heavily while Zayn looks nearly untouched.

"Yes. I want to be your lover," Harry says, their faces so close his hot breath hits Zayn's face.

"I'm so happy you said yes," Zayn says candidly. A God expressing happiness over the affection of a mortal. "I couldn't help myself and while watching mortals, I kept going back to you. I couldn't wait to touch you again. I almost begged Eros to make sure you wanted me too, but I didn't want this to be false."

"Are you going to leave me forever after one night?" Harry asks, his heart pounding in his throat. He needs to know. The stories can't be all false and he cannot ruin his poor mortal heart for an immortal God.

Zayn smiles, tucking a curl behind Harry's ear. "No. I know you must have heard stories but... you're not like everyone else. I've wanted you for years. I saw you once in a kapaleia in the neighbouring city. You were with a lover and I was so jealous of him. But I couldn't bring myself to interfere. You were so happy."

Harry remembers that night, one full of drinking and passion with a lover who's no more than a memory now. He doesn't recall seeing a man as beautiful as Zayn though. He would have noticed him. He's sure he would.

"I didn't see you. Why didn't I see you?" Harry asks, searching Zayn's face.

"I was disguised. Us Gods, we often take the appearance of other beings to keep our faces hidden. But this is me, this is my true face. I gave you my name and I'm showing you my true face too," Zayn's warm hands are on Harry's hips as they kiss again, slower than the first time. There's no rush as if they could kiss for centuries and be content.