22

•Eden•

I had just put on my towel when I heard a knock at the door.

'Grayson, I swear to the man above, you better have a good reason why you haven't-'

Not Grayson. So not Grayson.

'Ethan! Um...' I laughed awkwardly. 'I thought-'

'Yeah, I heard. Uh, can I speak to Milo?'

'Milo?' I asked. 'Why would Milo be here? I thought she was bunking with you.'

He reared his head back in surprise. 'She isn't staying with you now?'

'No?'

'We...had an argument a couple of days ago and she left. I really thought she would've come here.'

'Oh my god, Ethan. Where is my best friend?'

~•~

I opened the door and was brought face-to-face with Ethan. His hands were on either side of the frame and his face was expressing a "disappointed dad" look.

He put his tongue in his cheek, against his bottom row of teeth, and shook his head.

'Seriously Milo?'

I didn't answer, instead keeping my face straight.

'What are you doing here? After what we did...' He laughed once in anger. 'I didn't think you were like that.'

I put both of my hands on his chest and shoved him as hard as I could, sending him stumbling.

'What the f-' he began, shouting.

'How dare you talk to me like that, you shady motherfucker.'

'I'm shady? Are you kidding?'

'You've been fucking your brother's ex for long enough that you fell in love with her but still haven't told him. You kissed me, multiple times, before getting me into bed, too, despite my multiple protests about it being wrong. And what happens next, Ethan, huh? What did you do next?'

He shook his head and ran his hands through his hair, looking away. 'Don't.'

I got right into his personal space, sneering. 'You acted like we could've had something, pretended it wasn't a mistake, and proceeded to get back together with Amy.'

We were toe to toe.

'Does she know?' I asked.

He paused, before mumbling 'No.'

I laughed. 'You've got to be having a laugh right now. So, you forgave her for kissing Grayson, acted like a fucking saint for doing so, and you haven't even told her that we fucked less than twelve hours beforehand? That we kissed around an hour earlier?  That-'

'Stop,' he growled.

'No. You didn't say a single word to me while I packed my things up. Not so much as a breath in my direction. And then you call me five hours later asking to meet up?' I put my hands on my hips and looked away. 'You're a joke, Ethan. You're a big fucking joke.'

'I'm a joke? If anyone's a clown here, it's you. I reject you, so you go crawling back to Grayson. Grayson, who is currently dating your long-time best friend and who you'd just found swapping saliva with Amy.'

'That's different.'

'Is it? Because it sounds like something a user would do. A user...or a slut,' he spat.