Ch. 16 - Falling In Evil

Chapter Sixteen - Falling In Evil -

-

Ghost chuckled a deep sound before motioning for Raven to sit across from him. She walked around to the chair and stared at the unsteady coffee table covered in colorful pills. Each had a different pictorial embedded in it.

Ghost watched her for a moment with a shit eating grin plastered to his face.

"Welcome to Street Smarts 101." he announced proudly with jazz hands, "Pretty catchy, huh?" he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Not really." she confessed.

"What the fuck is wrong with everyone?" he groaned, "That's a catchy name. Admit it." he demanded.

"It's catchy." Raven replied monotoned. "What's that?" she asked while criss crossing her legs in the recliner.

"This is what we gave you night one." Ghost commented with a smile.

"You fucks." Raven glared across the table.

Ghost laughed again, "Getting kinda cocky now that you've killed someone, aye? Nevermind. I'm gonna teach you about drugs. What they do physically, mentally, emotionally, and chemically. You're going to do these drugs, you're going to understand them, and you're going to recognize them. After that last incident, I've decided it would help if you were educated and had some hands on experience."

"Why do I have to do drugs?" Raven complained.

"So if you're ever dosed later on, by anyone in the future, you know what's happening and have a better chance thinking through it, unlike last time." he explained, with a knowing, taunting look.

"I was thinking fine." Raven mumbled.

Raven truly was a terrible liar. She felt her intelligence was insulted by his comment, but also knew she was not fine.

"Yeah, I heard. My rooms right next to his bathroom, by the way. I moved my bed away from the wall the next morning. I didn't really want all the details." Ghost countered.

Raven nodded shyly and pointed at the table, "So, this is ecstasy?"

Ghost smiled, "Very good."

"Why so many different colors?" she asked.

"Well, see the compound ecstasy is really difficult to cut straight. It doesn't always turn out right, so they started cutting the compound with other drugs and it turned out great. Now reds are typically cut with mescaline so it has a slight hallucinogenic effect. Here, eat one." Ghost ordered while handing a red pill over.

Raven took it hesitantly and stared at the image printed in the surface.

"What's with the scorpion?" she asked.

"The images are just a way for different chemists to mark their recipe. If another chemist gets the recipe, they rarely change the symbol. Why would they? If it's already well known and desirable, roll with it. You'll make more money that way." Ghost answered while handing over a glass of water.

Reluctantly Raven swallowed the pill and looked back at the table, "What else?" she asked, eager to end the lesson.

"Well, next is yellow, this one's a yellow batman. Heroin cut. Here, just take it."

"How many do you plan to feed me?" Raven nearly yelled.

Ghost rolled his eyes, "These are just single stacks. They come in double and triple too. You can take a few of these and be fine. Just, open up and swallow. It will all be over soon."