Chapter 2 • Eyvenor

'Don't fall for their charms. With their beauty and manipulative powers they will try to brainwash you. Don't trust them, no matter how nice they might seem.'

Her father's words kept intruding her thoughts, alarming her for the dangers she was possibly putting herself into.

He was right, elves were known for their charms, beauty, fighting skill and the fact that they loved to lie.
Another well-known fact was that they weren't too keen on humans, but then  again, not one supernatural specie was.

Humans were seen as a useless kind, not able to protect themselves and always causing trouble. All they did was eat, sleep and whine about how hard their lives were Then there was also their strange imagination and burning want to make it reality; when seeing a supernatural creature the first thing they did was throw themselves at them, fantasizing about the perfect relationship, marriage or life.

The sexy vampire was intrigued by the clumsy girl and fell in love with her despite the constant lust for blood. The heartless demon felt protective over the innocent soul, too sadistic and rough to love them correctly, though that did not stop them from growing closer.

It was just unrealistic and Eunha knew that perfectly well. She was one of the few exceptions to the desperate stereotype dominating over humans. Yes, the girl was fragile looking with her short height and petite body, but she could care for herself perfectly fine, even though others did not always believe this.

She didn't whine or at least tried not to show it when feeling tired, and didn't dream about the perfect love life with a mystical being as her soulmate.
The only dream she had was to live her life as best as she could and for the ones she loved to be safe. And that was exactly what she was doing right now; saving a loved one.

Eunha turned a corner and lifted up the skirt of her dress slightly as she stepped over the trunk of an old tree that was blocking the way. She had been walking for a couple of hours now and was almost in Eyvenor, the hometown of elves. 
Her feet were aching, begging her for a break, but Eunha ignored the signals of fatigue, keeping her pace fast as she kept on walking.

It started to get dark sooner than anticipated and Eunha was almost convinced that she had taken a wrong turn somewhere. Though as she followed a small path that curved between the high trees that reached all the way to the sky, she finally saw the sign.

Welcome to Eyvenor.

A deep breath she didn't even know she had been holding left her lips, body a bit more energized as she walked into the town.

The houses were beautiful, almost like temples made of shined marble and other sorts of crystals. The huge buildings that looked like art-works, glistened in the light of the day's last sunbeams.

Here and there strolled groups of people, elves to be exact. Even though they all looked unique, you could easily defer them from humans.

Elves were tall and their skin was beautiful, their ears pointed at the top and were sometimes decorated with earrings. Their hair, no matter what hairstyle, looked beautiful and soft, and their eyes... wow, their eyes. Eunha had never seen such sparkling things before, not even the starry night sky could compare.

Eunha could now fully understand why they were described as a charming specie; they were absolutely beautiful. Their alluring nature was what made them so dangerous.

Don't fall for their charms and tricks.

As she repeated that sentence over and over again in her mind, she stepped further into the enchanting town.

Some of the elves stopped what they were doing to watch the stranger stroll through the place they called home. Eyebrows either raised in suspicion or curiosity.